- Character Traits
- Powers and Abilities
- Behind The Scenes
Steven Grant Rogers was born in Brooklyn, New York on July 4th, 1918 to Sarah and Joseph Rogers. His father was an Army soldier who fought and died in the First World War. His mother, a nurse, died of tuberculosis. Young orphan, Steve is attacked by bullies in Hell’s Kitchen. However, Steve's resiliency, despite his small stature, inspires a young James Barnes to come to his aid and fight off the bullies. The two then become friends. Years later during an art class, Steve and Bucky find out t...
In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve has always had an extremely brave, noble and honest spirit, intolerant towards injustice and abuse of power, while also being extremely stubborn and with a narrow focus. Since he was formerly weak and small, he has learned on his own what true strength is, and vowed to protect defenseless people at the risk of his own life. Even before his transformation, Steve is an overwhelmingly self-sacrificing young man, willing to literally throw himself in t...
1. Artificially Enhanced Physiology: After being injected with the Super Soldier Serum, metabolized and enhanced all of Steve's body natural abilities to the absolute peak of human potential. Colonel Chester Phillips describes the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR) program as the means of creating the first in a new line of Super Soldier to win WWII. Dr. Abraham Erskine chose Steven Rogers as the first test subject. With the aid of a machine and Howard Stark, Dr. Erskine injects Rogers with...
1. Uniform: Steve and Howard Stark both design the suit he wore during World War II. It was made of carbon polymer and it offers a medium level of resistance to gunfire. The helmet also served as a mask. And allows for a sidearm. The shield could be attached to the back. S.H.I.E.L.D. designed his new upgraded suit, it has more flexibility and mobility than his previous suit. The new suit carries a wireless communicator. The uniform is composed of a Nomex and Kevlar fiber. After the Battle of...
1. Strategic Scientific Reserve 1. Peggy Carter - Ally, friend and later wife; deceased. 2. Abraham Erskine - Mentor figure, attending physician and creator of Super Soldier serum; deceased. 3. Chester Phillips - Commanding officer; deceased. 4. Lorraine - Ally. 5. Howard Stark - Ally, friend and quartermaster; deceased. 2. Howling Commandos 1. Dum Dum Dugan - Ally. 2. James Falsworth - Ally and teammate; deceased. 3. Jim Morita - Ally and teammate; deceased. 4. Gabe Jones - Ally and teammat...
1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (15 films) 1. Captain America: The First Avenger (First appearance) - Chris Evans 2. Agent Carter (Recycled footage) - Chris Evans. 3. The Incredible Hulk (Referenced only) 4. The Avengers - Chris Evans 5. Iron Man 3 (Mentioned only; deleted scene) 6. Thor: The Dark World (Cameo; Loki disguised) - Chris Evans 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Chris Evans 8. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Chris Evans 9. Ant-Man - Chris Evans 10. Captain America: Civil War - Chri...
1. Abraham Erskine: \\"Do you want to kill Nazis?\\" 2. Steve Rogers: \\"I don't want to kill anyone. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.\\" 1. Red Skull: \\"What makes you so special?\\" 2. Steve Rogers: \\"Nothing. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn.\\" 1. Erskine on Rogers: \\"A weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.\\" 1. USO's tagline for Captain America: \\"The Star Spangled Man with a Plan\\". 1. Steve Rogers: \\"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man stand...
1. Digital processing was used to make Chris Evans look small and skinny for the pre-Super Soldier Serum scenes in Captain America: The First Avenger. 2. Paul Warren (an experienced film double and actor mostly known for roles wearing prosthetics) was used in pre-production to help develop the 'Skinny Steve Rogers' effect by CGI supervisor, Christopher Townsend, as well as one of the 'Skinny Steve' on set stand-ins. English Shakespearean trained stage actor, Leander Deeny, was used as the on...
1. Before Chris Evans was cast as Captain America, Sam Worthington and Will Smith were in early talks for the role of Captain America. Later on Garrett Hedlund, Channing Tatum, Scott Porter, Mike Vogel, Sebastian Stan, Wilson Bethel, John Krasinski, Michael Cassidy, Chace Crawford, Derek Theler and Jensen Ackles were on the final shortlist for the role. Kellan Lutz, Ryan Phillippe and Alexander Skarsgård carried out auditions in case Evans wasn't going to do the role. Stan would later be cas...
- Steve Rogers, Captain America, The Star Spangled Man with a Plan, Captain Rogers
- Chris Evans
- 2 min
Rogers becomes a key member and leader of the Avengers. Upon his eventual retirement, Rogers chooses Sam Wilson to be his successor and passes his shield and the title of Captain America onto him. Rogers is a central figure in the MCU, appearing in seven films and having a brief cameo in four.
People also ask
Who is Steve Rogers in the Avengers?
Who was the leader of the Avengers in Avengers?
What did Steve Rogers wear in Captain America?
When did Steve Rogers join the Allies in World War 2?
In the last days of World War II in the European Theatre, Captain America, a U.S. soldier created with the Super Soldier Serum, prevents a nuclear missile attack on the United States by Nazis, which are soon revealed to be shape-shifting extraterrestrials led by one taking the form of SS officer Herr Kleiser. The missile explosion, however, sends Rogers into a catatonic state, and he falls into the icy waters of the North Atlantic, presumed dead.Years later, Captain America is found and reviv...
T'Challaseeks the aid of Captain America. General Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. orders the Avengers to assemble. The Avengers manage to destroy the core of an attacking Chitauri vessel.
Friends and Allies
1. Tony Stark 2. Thor 3. Nick Fury 4. Henry Pym 5. Janet Van Dyne 6. Natalia Romanov 7. Black Panther 8. Bruce Banner 9. Betty Ross 10. Bucky 11. Gail Richards- Former girlfriend.
1. Herr KleiserIn Ultimate Avengers, Captain America kills five Nazis and eight Chitauri.In Ultimate Avengers 2, the Captain kills another five Nazis and two Chitauri.
- Personality and Traits
- Powers and Abilities
Steven Grant Rogers was born on May 20, 1947 in Manhattan, New York, to Sarah and Joseph Rogers. The son of Irish immigrants, Steve grew up a scrawny kid in a poor home with his little brother John, but a strong sense of duty, honor, and humility was still instilled in them both. Rogers' father died when he was a teenager and his mother died from pneumonia years later after he had joined the military.
Becoming America's Super-Soldier
During the Vietnam War, Rogers tried to enlist in the United States Army but he was rejected because of his frailty. Overhearing the boy's earnest plea to fight for his country, General Chester Phillipsof the US Army offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a top-secret performance-enhancing experiment called Operation Rebirth. Rogers agreed and was taken to a secret laboratory in Washington, DC, where he was introduced to Doctor Abraham Erskine, the creator of the Super-Soldier Serum....
During the war, "Cap" served as both a symbol of freedom and America's most effective special operative. In addition to working with his young sidekick Bucky, he regularly fought alongside the super-powered hero Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Fury brothers. He sometimes came into contact with a Canadian paratrooper named Jim Logan, who would one day come to be known as Wolverine.
Steve Rogers has a noble and honest spirit, intolerant towards injustice and abuses of power. Since he was seen as weak and small growing up, he learned what true strength is, and vowed to protect defenseless people at the risk of his own life. Despite being transformed into a superhuman by the Super Soldier Serum, he maintained his original spirit and character, often goofy and shy, even in his new shape.
The Super-Soldier Serum metabolized and enhanced all of Rogers' bodily functions to the peak of human potential. Dr. Reinstein described this potential as being "the next step in human evolution", while still remaining human. Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Rogers had no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier serum, he was transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning (and likely into superhuman levels). Rogers is ex...
Master Martial Artist:Captain America has mastered numerous martial arts like marine combat, muay-thai, boxing, judo and jiujitsu. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercises (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition. Master Shield Fighter: Captain America's years of training and experience with his unique shield, as well as its physical properties, allows him to accomplish mind-boggling feats with the item. Aside from bas...
- Powers and Abilities
- Links and References
Steve Rogers was born July 4, 1922, to poor Irish immigrant parents, Sarah and Joseph Rogers. Rogers grew up a frail youth during the Great Depression in New York City, New York, America. Little else is known about Rogers' early life other than the fact that a strong sense of duty, honor, and humility was instilled in him; perhaps due to his Irish Catholic upbringing. Rogers' father died when he was a child and his mother died from pneumonia later, when he was in his late teens.
Captain America is traditionally seen as one of the greatest heroes in the universe. He is a righteous and brave man who always wanted to see the good in people. From even before his origins as a superhero, Steve has always devoted himself to the protection of the weak and the defense of freedom and justice.In spite of his virtues, however, Cap has been plagued by his status as man out of time. Remembering his days as a soldier in World War II, Cap worried that his idealism might be considere...
Super-Soldier Serum: The Super-Soldier Serum (SSS) metabolized and permanently enhanced all of Rogers' bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency, and is the most perfect human in existence. Dr. Abraham Erskine has stated Rogers' enhanced condition is \\"second to none,\\" and described its potential as being \\"the next step in human evolution,\\" while still remaining completely human, but often called the \\"perfect man.\\" Nick Fury's intel classified him as Power Level 8. 1. Artificially Enhan...
Captain America's Uniform: As Captain America he wears a uniform of woven chain armor of industrial strength durability, and at one point is said to be bulletproof.Utility Belt: Rogers wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment such as a first aid kit (containing tweezers, antiseptic gel coated band aids, bone and muscle pain reliever spray cans and antidotes for some toxins.), military cable, smoke grenades, lock picks, grenades, and several other materials.
1. Captain America's official membership status in the Avengers charter has been subject to revision. Initially, he was considered the team's first recruit after the founders, and was reported as such in many publications. The Avengers Charter, published in Avengers Annual #13, was signed by the Hulk and the other founders, not Cap. In Avengers #347, Iron Man also \\"pulled rank\\" on Captain America on Hala, claiming to be the \\"only founding member present.\\" 1. Beginning with Avengers Vol 3 #4,...
1. Joe Simon initially considered calling his new character \\"Super American.\\" He quickly changed it to \\"Captain America,\\" arguing that there were too many \\"Supers\\" and not a lot of \\"Captains\\" in comics. 2. Captain America was one of the characters featured in Series A of the Marvel Value Stamps issued in the 1970's. 3. In 1996's DC vs. Marvel, Batman fought against Captain America. Their fight was a draw until the sewer where they were fighting got flooded. The current knocked both combatant...
1. 3,498 Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 2. 432 Minor Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 3. Media Steven Rogers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in 4. 2,942 Images featuring Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 5. 479 Quotations by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 6. Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 7. Steven Rogers (Earth-616) at Marvel.com 8. Steven Rogers (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org 9. Toybiz archive 10. Captain America (Steven Rogers) at Comicvine.com 11. Captain America in M...
- Powers and Abilities
- Links and References
When the sentient Cosmic Cube named Kobik first came into existence by the hand of S.H.I.E.L.D. and manifested in the form of a scared child, it used her power of omnipresence to secretly seek the clone of the original Red Skull. The Red Skull once had in his possession a Cosmic Cube that was eventually shattered by Captain America. When S.H.I.E.L.D. used one of its fragments to create Kobik, its connection with the Red Skull passed on to Kobik. The Red Skull took advantage of Kobik's naivety...
In this new timeline, the young Steve Rogers first came into contact with Hydra when he was six years old in 1926,[note 1] after his mother Sarah was introduced by high-ranking member Elisa Sinclair into a local community run by Hydra. When Elisa had Sarah's abusive husband Joseph murdered, Sarah attempted to leave with Steve. Elisa confronted her before she had the chance, and Sarah seemingly died in the ensuing skirmish when she hit her head. Steve was then abducted to a Hydra training faci...
Due to Steve's strong will, Hydra's earliest efforts at indoctrination failed. Because of this, he was regularly placed in solitary confinement and forced to watch reeducation films. In spite of his considerable academic abilities, Steve's poor physical condition and proneness to illness caused him to be rejected by both his instructors, namely Dr. Fenhoff, and his peers. In 1934, during one of Steve's many attempts to escape from The Keep, he was convinced to stay by Daniel Whitehall, the Kr...
Seemingly those of the Steve Rogers of the Prime Marvel Universe.
Seemingly that of the Steve Rogers of the Prime Marvel Universe.
- Early Life. Meeting James Barnes. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." ―Steve Rogers. Steve Rogers was born on July 4, 1918, to Sarah and Joseph Rogers in New York City.
- World War II. Rejected for Service. "Look, just give me a chance." "You’ll be ineligible on your asthma alone." "Is there anything you can do?" "I'm doing it.
- Captain America. Working for the USO. "You were meant for more than this, you know." "For the longest time, I dreamed about coming overseas and being on the front lines.
- Fighting HYDRA. Howling Commandos. "That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months.
May 23, 2016 · Before he was ever Captain America, Steve Rogers was already a leader by making the best off the situations he was put in. He never allowed his shortcomings to be an excuse to not do his part. 2) Stay Humble Humility is a leadership trait that we can learn from Steve Rogers as well.
Sep 12, 2017 · Although dubbed the “First Avenger” by the films, Steve Rogers wasn’t actually a founding member of the Avengers. But he would join the team by Avengers #4, and has been on the frontlines of the team ever since. In spite of the recent events within "Secret Empire", Steve Rogers is the face of the Avengers.
- Sage Ashford