Jalisco is one of the most important states in Mexico because of its natural resources as well as its history. Many of the characteristic traits of Mexican culture, particularly outside Mexico City, are originally from Jalisco, such as mariachi, ranchera music, birria, tequila, jaripeo, etc
Jalisco was founded in 1823 and is one of the 31 states which, with the Federal District, comprise the 32 Federal Entities of Mexico. Jalisco is located in central area of Western Mexico and divided in 125 municipalities, and its capital city is Guadalajara.
Jalisco Tourism: Tripadvisor has 712,015 reviews of Jalisco Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Jalisco resource.
- Walk Thru Tour of RIU Jalisco, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexicoyoutube.com
- Shocking footage | Mexico’s ‘cartel army’ prompts government inquiryyoutube.com
- Sayulita WE WERE SHOCKED :Jalisco Mexico : Puerto Vallarta,,Riviera Nayarit,youtube.com
- Jalisco Today
- Facts & Figures
- Fun Facts
Early HistoryNomadic tribes moved through Jalisco 10,000 to 12,000 years ago, as testified by the bones, projectile points and small tools they left behind. There is some evidence that they were passing from the north to the south, following large game such as mastodons and mammoths. Later, simple settlements began to emerge on lakeshores and along rivers. In the neighboring state of Michoacan, the archaeological site of El Opeño has yielded ceramic figures that are 3,500 years old, and simil...
Today, Jalisco has the third-richest economy in the Mexican Republic. Over 30 of Mexico’s largest companies are based in the state, which ranks first in agribusiness, computers and jewelry manufacturing. Chief agricultural products include peanuts and agave (used for distilling tequila). The state manufactures 60 percent of all computers produced in Mexico, and Guadalajara is the country’s main software producer.Guadalajara hosts an annual May Cultural Festival, featuring musical concerts, th...
1. Capital: Guadalajara 2. Major Cities (population): Guadalajara (1,600,940) Zapopan (1,155,790) Tlaquepaque (563,066) Tonalá (408,729) Puerto Vallarta (220,630) 3. Size/Area: 30,538 square miles 4. Population: 6,752,113 (2005 Census) 5. Year of statehood: 1823
1. In 1542, Spain’s King Carlos V formally named the city of Guadalajara and granted it a coat of arms. The state of Jalisco used the same design until 1989, when small modifications were made to distinguish Jalisco’s coat of arms from Guadalajara’s. At the top of the design, a silver helmet supports a red pennant displaying a yellow Jerusalem Cross. The main shield portrays two lions beside a tree, recalling the bear and tree that adorn Madrid’s coat of arms. The shield’s gold border contai...
Pueblo TequilaThe city of Pueblo Tequila, situated at the foot of Volcán de Tequila, enjoys warm weather and rain throughout the summer and autumn. The town’s history is closely connected to the drink that carries its name. Tourists can visit the many distilleries here to observe the process involved in making tequila. Since pre-Hispanic times, alcohol distilled from cactus plants has been called mezcal. In the late 19th century, the name tequila was applied to mezcal produced the blue agave...
- 4 min
Jalisco, estado (state), west-central Mexico. It is bounded by the states of Nayarit to the northwest, Zacatecas and Aguascalientes to the north, San Luis Potosí and Guanajuato to the east, and Michoacán and Colima to the south and by the Pacific Ocean to the west.
People also ask
What is Jalisco's constellation of gangs shows about Mexico?
What is Jalisco known for?
Where is Tequila city?
What is Jalisco Mexican food?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Jalisco, Mexico on Tripadvisor: See 175,010 traveler reviews and photos of Jalisco tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. We have reviews of the best places to see in Jalisco. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Sep 25, 2020 · Modern Jalisco The modern state of Jalisco consists of 78,597 square kilometers located in the west central portion of the Mexican Republic and taking up 4.0% of the national territory. As the seventh largest state in Mexico, Jalisco is...
Find Property for sale in Jalisco. Search for real estate and find the latest listings of Jalisco Property for sale.
Guadalajara Tourism: Tripadvisor has 124,118 reviews of Guadalajara Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Guadalajara resource.
Sep 24, 2020 · regions of Mexico. Mexico City, Nuevo Leon, Mexico State, Guanajuato, and Jalisco currently report the highest number of active cases for the preceding two-week period. The states currently reporting the highest rates of hospital occupancy are Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, Mexico City, Guerrero, and Colima.