NHMLAC Natural History Museums of LA County; NHM Natural History Museum; ... 900 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90007 . 213.763.DINO (3466) Footer. About Us;
Calendar | nhm - Natural History Museum
- Plan Your Visit
We look forward to your visit. Please note, the Natural...
- Buy Tickets
Customize your visit to the Natural History Museum by adding...
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is the largest natural and historical museum in the western United States. Its collections include nearly 35 million specimens and artifacts and cover 4.5 billion years of history. This large collection is comprised not only of specimens for exhibition, but also of vast research collections ...
We recommend booking Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 3 Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County tours on Tripadvisor
- 900 Exposition Blvd Exposition Park, Los Angeles, 90007-4057, California
- Dinosaur Hall Virtual Tour - Englishyoutube.com
- History of Hydrocarbons: How Geology Shaped Los Angelesyoutube.com
- NHMLAC Discovery Talks with Leslie Gordonyoutube.com
- Move Like a Bird!youtube.com
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHM) was the first museum in Los Angeles to open its doors to the public, in 1913. One hundred years later, it has transformed into hub of science, culture, nature and visitor-friendly amenities.
I've lived in LA for almost 20 years and my visit 2 months ago at the Natural History Museum was my first. I know. I knoooow! I'm not into museums, I get bored really fast. But I looooved this museum. Especially the Becoming Los Angeles exhibit! I'm fascinated about LA's history (yes, even its dark history!) so this exhibit is right up my alley.
- (213) 763-3466
People also ask
When is LA County free museum day?
What is a Natural History Museum?
What is a natural museum?
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. Closed: New Year's Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Parking: Pay parking lot. Metro: The museum is halfway between the Metro Expo Line Expo Park/USC stop and the Expo/Vermont stop, which are both very close.
- History. NHM originally opened in Exposition Park in 1913 as the Los Angeles County Museum of History, Science and Art in the domed brick building that is now the east wing of the current museum.
- Permanent Exhibits. Becoming Los Angeles is the most recent permanent exhibit hall addition, replacing the California History and American History exhibits.
- Special Exhibits. In addition to the permanent exhibit galleries inside the Natural History Museum, there are some temporary and seasonal exhibits. The Butterfly Pavilion is a seasonal exhibit set up on the South Lawn each spring and summer in a temporary structure.
Aug 25, 2020 · The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County announced Monday that it will open its Butterfly Pavilion and parts of its nature gardens starting on Sept. 11 for three days each week, Friday to ...
Free admission to the Natural History Museum, La Brea Tar Pits, ... Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County. Open Today: 9:30 am to 5 pm. 900 Exposition Blvd ...
The museum at La Brea Tar Pits and the Hart museum will remain closed until further notice. Advanced tickets are required for entry for NHM’s Butterfly Pavilion, and are now available online.