- Alabama: Yellowhammer State, Heart of Dixie, Camellia State.
- Alaska: The Last Frontier.
- Arizona: Grand Canyon State, Copper State.
- Arkansas: The Natural State, Land of Opportunity, The Razorback State.
- California: Golden State.
- Colorado: Centennial State, Colorful Colorado.
- Connecticut: Constitution State, Nutmeg State.
States. The table below lists the 50 states, with their current capital, largest city, the date they ratified the U.S. Constitution or were admitted to the Union, population and area data, and number of representative(s) in the U.S. House of Representatives.
States of the United States of America Name & postal abbs. Cities Established [upper-alpha 1] Population [upper-alpha 2] Total area Land area Water area Number of Reps. Capital Largest mi 2 km 2 mi 2 km 2 mi 2 km 2 Alabama: AL Montgomery: Birmingham: Dec 14, 1819: 4,903,185: 52,420 135,767 50,645 131,171 1,775 4,597 7 Alaska: AK Juneau ...
This list includes Nobel Prize winners, presidents of the United States, sports Hall of Famers, actors / actresses, and singers. Fun Facts Interesting facts for each state, including the origin of the state name, most notable landmarks and historical events, geographic features, and funny laws.
Fifty States of the United States of America (Click on the speaker icon to hear the pronunciation of the name; click on the state name to see a web page about the state.) Pronunciation of the Capitals of the 50 States
- 22 answers
Florida is the Sunshine State
- 1 answer
I am a NYSSMA judge - I know that YOU know this by now, but that's the disclaimer at the top. In most states (with some exceptions, mainly due to population density or sparseness) it goes: All-County Area All-State (or Zone or Region, etc.)...
- 1 answer
Well, (of course) it's our constitutional right to own guns, but I have found some info. (which you may have already seen): In 1981 the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals stated that "possession of a handgun by individuals is not part of the...
- 22 answers
Apr 27, 2016 · When searching for an alphabetical list of all 50 states of the United States, these lists are often displayed in a way that makes it difficult to copy for your own use. Many times they're displayed in two to four columns so when it's copied, the states aren't in alphabetical order when pasted into a new document. For that reason, we have creates a list of all 50 states in alphabetical order ...
- Alabama. Alabama is the name of an Indian tribe native to the state. This tribal name may have come from the word albina, which means "campsite" in their own language, or from the words alba amo, which mean "clearing brush."
- Alaska. Alaxsxix, which is a name from the Aleut language. This name means "place the sea crashes against."
- Arizona. Arizonac, which is a Spanish corruption of a local Indian name-- possibly the Tohono O'odham word alishonag, which means "little spring."
- Arkansas. Acansa, which is the name of a Quapaw Indian town. Literally the name means "southern place."
The United States federal executive departments are the principal units of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States.They are analogous to ministries common in parliamentary or semi-presidential systems but (the United States being a presidential system) they are led by a head of government who is also the head of state.DepartmentFormedEmployeesAnnual budgetJuly 27, 178969,000 13,000 Foreign Service 11,000 Civil Service 45,000 local$52.404 billion (2018)September 2, 178986,049 (2014)$20 billion (2019)September 18, 19472.86 million$721.5 billion (2020)July 1, 1870113,543 (2012)$29.9 billion (2019)
The following is a list of current governors of U.S. states and territories.. In the United States, a governor is the chief executive officer of a state or a territory.The partisan affiliations of American governors are close to being evenly split among the fifty states.
The United States holds its federal elections on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The President of the United States is elected to a four-year term. Each of the 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives are elected to two-year terms.
The United States Navy has also used escort aircraft carriers and airship aircraft carriers. This list does not include various amphibious warfare ships which can operate as carriers. The first aircraft carrier commissioned into the United States Navy was USS Langley (CV-1) on 20 March 1922.