- related to: What is Hanoi famous for?
- Hanoi, located on the banks of the Red River, is one of the most ancient capitals in the world, where travellers can find well-preserved colonial buildings, ancient pagodas, and unique museums within the city centre. A great place to explore on foot, this French-colonial city is also known for its delectable cuisine, vibrant nightlife, silks and handicrafts, as well as a multi-cultural community that’s made up of Chinese, French and Russian influences.
People also ask
What do you need to know about Hanoi Vietnam?
Which is the best place to visit in Hanoi?
When did Hanoi become the capital of North Vietnam?
What makes Vietnam so famous in the world?
Hanoi is famous not only for its magnificent views that nature has carved, but also for its complex culture, ancient temples, and traditional festivals. Home Virtual tours
Hoa Lo Prison Museum Nicknamed the 'Hanoi Hilton' by US POWs, the Hoa Lo Prison is now a museum. Bach Ma Temple In the Old Quarter, Bach Ma is thought to be Hanoi's oldest temple. Vietnamese Women’s Museum Modern museum showcasing propaganda posters, handicrafts, costumes and more.
- Imperial Citadel of Thang Long. The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long is an intriguing relic of Vietnam’s history and, signifying its historical and cultural importance, is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Water Puppet Theatre. The ancient art form of water puppetry has a long association with Hanoi and there are several theatres where guests can enjoy this uniquely Vietnamese take on Asia’s puppet tradition.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Ho Chi Minh has left an indelible mark on Vietnamese history and he is revered in Hanoi as the country’s greatest leader. Nicknamed ‘Uncle Ho’ by locals, his preserved body is now laid to rest in a glass case in the Ba Dinh area of Hanoi.
- The Perfume Pagoda. The Perfume Pagoda is a dramatic temple complex believed to have been first built in the 15th century. This series of Buddhist temples are built into a mountain range in a maze of alleyways carved into the rock with rich forests and flowing streams all around.
Feb 05, 2021 · Hoan Kiem Lake is one of the most famous places in Hanoi and is worth a visit but not just because of its reputation. This lake is tranquil and serene and those feelings of peace might not be from the fact that this calm lake sits in the center of a city - it's also believed to have special powers. via Tony albelton / Shutterstock.com
Hanoi ( UK: / ( ˌ) hæ -, həˈnɔɪ / ha-, hə-NOY or US: / hɑː -/ hah-NOY; Vietnamese: Hà Nội [hàː nôjˀ] ( listen)) is the capital city of Vietnam in the north of Vietnam. It covers an area of 3,358.6 km 2 (1,296.8 sq mi). The second largest city in Vietnam, it consists of 12 urban districts, 1 district-leveled town and 17 rural ...
- Cultural: (ii), (iii), (vi)
- 257 BC
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam. People at first will come to visit one country’s capital, like the USA is Washing D.C, South Korea is Seoul, Japan is Tokyo, so when they come to Vietnam, they will visit Hanoi first. Also, Hanoi is an old, antique city with big population. 469 views
Aug 10, 2020 · Vietnam is famous for Hanoi Hanoi, which is located at the bank of the Red River, has been the capital of Vietnam for 1,000 years. Then various wars and invasions happened inside and outside Hanoi in various points of Vietnamese history. When Vietnam reunified after the Vietnam War, Hanoi became the capital.