- Philadelphia, or known affectionately as Philly by the locals, is the largest and most popular city in the state of Pennslyvania. It is most well known for its rich American history; it is the site of many iconic American historic moments. It is home to the Liberty Bell, a historic icon of America’s freedom and independence.
People also ask
What is Philadelphia mostly famous for?
What are some famous things in Philadelphia?
What is Philadelphia known for historically?
What does Philadelphia have to offer?
Jun 17, 2019 · Philadelphia, or known affectionately as Philly by the locals, is the largest and most popular city in the state of Pennslyvania. It is most well known for its rich American history; it is the site of many iconic American historic moments. It is home to the Liberty Bell, a historic icon of America’s freedom and independence.
- City Hall & the William Penn Statue. Folks know Philadelphia for history, and part of that includes its founder, everyone’s favorite Quaker, William Penn.
- Independence Hall. Philadelphia is known for history on both the local and national level. Our country once considered Philly its capital. Independence Hall is the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution.
- The Liberty Bell. While the French cast the Liberty Bell, the abolitionists named it, and the bell’s meaning originally pertained to slavery. The Bell traveled the nation conveying this message before folks rung it in the Pennsylvania State House (now Independence Hall) for many years.
- Murals. Philadelphia is known for its vibrant murals. Mural Arts began in 1984 as a way to combat graffiti, and did it ever! The project turned Philly into a massive outdoor arts gallery, the likes of which even British royalty have visited.
Answer (1 of 8): Here are some things that make Philadelphia great, that don’t top the obvious lists: 1: The Magic Garden is an amazing place, created by philadelphia artist, Isiah Zagar. his mosaic murals are all over town. 2: Other murals. Philly has a great mural arts program, and there are ...
Jun 28, 2017 · What Philadelphia is Known For Philadelphia is known for its long history as the birthplace of our nation since its founding in 1682. There are many museums and landmarks that commemorate this history such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The Independence National Hisoric Park preserves several historical sites as well.