The health officers in five San Francisco Bay Area counties issued a new stay-at-home order Friday requiring some businesses to close ...
Associated Press via Yahoo News
17 hours ago
- Millions in San Francisco Bay Area to face stay-home-order starting SundayThe Guardian via Yahoo News12 hours ago
- Coronavirus updates: San Francisco Bay Area issues stay-at-home order; vaccine doesn't mean virus is over, WHO warnsUSA TODAY via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- California Announces Impending Stay-Home Order For Worst-Hit RegionsHuffPost via Yahoo News2 days ago
- California governor introduces new stay-at-home order amid Covid surgeNBC News via Yahoo News2 days ago
- California ties new COVID-19 rules to hospital capacityAssociated Press via Yahoo News1 day ago
San Francisco Bay is a shallow estuary in the US state of California. It is surrounded by a contiguous region known as the San Francisco Bay Area (often simply "the Bay Area"), and is dominated by the large cities of San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland. San Francisco Bay drains water from approximately 40 percent of California.
- United States
- Pacific Ocean
- 19 km (12 mi)
- 400–1,600 sq mi (1,000–4,100 km²)
San Francisco Bay, large, nearly landlocked bay indenting western California, U.S. It is a drowned river valley paralleling the coastline and is connected with the Pacific Ocean by a strait called the Golden Gate, which is spanned by the Golden Gate Bridge.
The San Francisco Bay Area, popularly referred to as the Bay Area or simply the Bay, is a populous region surrounding the San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun Bay estuaries in Northern California.
Jun 22, 2020 · San Francisco Bay Overview San Francisco Bay consists of three main bays—San Francisco, San Pablo and Suisun—and several smaller bays. Together with the Delta, the Bay Delta covers some 1,600 square miles and flows more than 70 miles from the coast to the center of the California.
The San Francisco Bay is the largest estuary on the west coast. It includes unparalleled marshes and mudflats along the shoreline that provide food and shelter to fish and wildlife and account for 77% of California’s remaining perennial estuarine wetlands.
Dec 01, 2020 · Alternative Title: Frisco San Francisco, city and port, coextensive with San Francisco county, northern California, U.S., located on a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. It is a cultural and financial centre of the western United States and one of the country’s most cosmopolitan cities.
Current local time in USA – California – San Francisco. Get San Francisco's weather and area codes, time zone and DST. Explore San Francisco's sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset.
Walking through San Francisco's South of Market and Financial District feels like a ghost town, as 90-percent of the city's workforce is working from home and people are leaving the city.
- Stephanie Sierra