Coronavirus updates: San Francisco Bay Area issues stay-at-home order; vaccine doesn't mean virus is over, WHO warns
The coronavirus is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of death in the United States, experts say. Today's ...
USA TODAY via Yahoo News
19 hours ago
- San Francisco mayor announces stay-at-home order, business restrictionsThe mayor of San Francisco on Friday said she and political leaders across the Bay Area ...Reuters via Yahoo Finance1 day ago
- California Announces Impending Stay-Home Order For Worst-Hit RegionsHuffPost via Yahoo News2 days ago
- New coronavirus restrictions: Here's what your state is doing to combat rising cases and deathsUSA TODAY via Yahoo News4 hours ago
- Bay Area Shutdown Order: Health Officers Unite, Act DecisivelyPatch via Yahoo News1 day ago
- California's stay-at-home order allows essential travel only. What does that mean?LA Times via Yahoo News2 days ago
People also ask
What is the San Francisco Bay Area most known for?
What are the best neighborhoods to stay in San Francisco?
What defines the San Francisco Bay Area?
What cities are outside of San Francisco?
The San Francisco Bay Area, popularly referred to as the Bay Area or simply the Bay, is a populous region surrounding the San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun Bay estuaries in Northern California.
San Francisco Bay is a shallow estuary in the US state of California. It is surrounded by a contiguous region known as the San Francisco Bay Area (often simply "the Bay Area"), and is dominated by the large cities of San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland. San Francisco Bay drains water from approximately 40 percent of California.
- United States
- Pacific Ocean
- 19 km (12 mi)
- 400–1,600 sq mi (1,000–4,100 km²)
The San Francisco Bay Area, commonly known as the Bay Area, is a metropolitan region surrounding the San Francisco Bay estuaries in Northern California. According to the 2010 United States Census, the region has over 7.1 million inhabitants and approximately 6,900 square miles (18,000 km 2) of land.
San Francisco Bay, large, nearly landlocked bay indenting western California, U.S. It is a drowned river valley paralleling the coastline and is connected with the Pacific Ocean by a strait called the Golden Gate, which is spanned by the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco Bay is 60 miles (97 km) long and 3 to 12 miles (5 to 19 km) wide and is one of the world’s finest natural harbours.
2 days ago · Five of the biggest counties in the San Francisco Bay area are imposing shelter-in-place rules through Christmas and New Year’s Day even before they meet California’s threshold for locking ...
San Francisco Bay Area/Central California Zone Forecast. National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area. 900 PM PST Fri Nov 27 2020. This is an automatically generated product that provides average.
San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area consists of nine counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma. The Bay Area data shown are totals for the nine counties.