- It was released by New Line Cinema on August 18, 2006, in North America. The film was written by David Dalessandro, John Heffernan, and Sebastian Gutierrez and follows the events of hundreds of snakes being released on a passenger plane in an attempt to kill a trial witness.
People also ask
Who is the director of snakes on a plane?
Where did Snakes on a plane take place?
Why was Samuel L Jackson in snakes on a plane?
How did Eddie release the Snakes on the plane?
Snakes on a Plane: Directed by David R. Ellis. With Samuel L. Jackson, Julianna Margulies, Nathan Phillips, Rachel Blanchard. An FBI agent takes on a plane full of deadly venomous snakes, deliberately released to kill a witness being flown from Honolulu to Los Angeles to testify against a mob boss.
- David R. Ellis
- 1 min
Snakes on a Plane is a 2006 American action film directed by David R. Ellis and starring Samuel L. Jackson. It was released by New Line Cinema on August 18, 2006, in North America. The film was written by David Dalessandro , John Heffernan, and Sebastian Gutierrez and follows the events of hundreds of snakes being released on a passenger plane in an attempt to kill a trial witness.
(BB, P, C, PaPa, LLL, M) Strong moral worldview about putting criminal in jail, testifying against murderer and gang leader, and heroically saving passengers threatened by snakes on a plane with some positive American content about the FBI and a positive but minor Christian character, mitigated by strongly depicted immoral, pagan behavior by some passengers on the plane that’s in danger; 52 obscenities (including many “f” words), eight strong profanities, 10 exclamatory profanities ...
In television airings of the movie, the often quoted line is changed to "I have had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday-to-Friday plane!" Ironically, Samuel L. Jackson later ended up fighting monkey type creatures in The Legend of Tarzan (2016) and Kong: Skull Island (2017).
- THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT WAS TURNED DOWN BY EVERY HOLLYWOOD STUDIO. David Dalessandro, the associate vice chancellor of university development at the University of Pittsburgh, wrote a screenplay called Venom after reading a 1992 magazine article about Indonesian brown tree snakes climbing onto planes during World War II.
- SAMUEL L. JACKSON AGREED TO STAR IN THE MOVIE BEFORE HE EVEN READ THE SCRIPT. Jackson read in the trades that Ronny Yu was directing a movie called Snakes on a Plane.
- JACKSON ALMOST QUIT WHEN THE TITLE WAS CHANGED. New Line Cinema changed the movie's title to Pacific Air 121, with the official explanation that the studio "didn't want to give too much away" about the movie.
- JACKSON ALSO GOT UPSET OVER THE INTENDED PG-13 RATING. After insisting some R-rated versions of scenes should be shot in case New Line changed their minds about making Snakes on a Plane a PG-13 movie, the popularity of the 2005 R-rated comedy Wedding Crashers helped convince the studio president that Snakes "needed more intensity."
Apr 17, 2020 · In 2006, a trailer was released for a crazy little movie that caused the entire internet to collectively shit its pants. That little movie was Snakes on a Plane. Yes, the title says it all. A herd...
Jul 23, 2021 · Nadja (Peri Baumeister) is traveling across the Atlantic with her son Elias (Carl Anton Koch) when it’s hijacked by a group of terrorists intent on taking it down. She clearly hides a secret but Thorwarth is depressingly uninterested in holding it for long.