- Julian Paul Assange (/əˈsɑːnʒ/; né Hawkins; 3 July 1971) is an Australian editor, publisher and activist who founded WikiLeaks in 2006. WikiLeaks came to international attention in 2010 when it published a series of leaks provided by Chelsea Manning.
People also ask
When was Julian Assange indicted?
When was WikiLeaks created?
When did Assange get released from UK?
Who is Julian Assange WikiLeaks?
Julian Paul Assange (/ ə ˈ s ɑː n ʒ /; born 3 July 1971) is an Australian editor, publisher, and activist who founded WikiLeaks in 2006. WikiLeaks came to international attention in 2010 when it published a series of leaks provided by U.S. Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange waves from a window with Ecuador's Foreign Affairs Minister Ricardo Patino at Ecuador's embassy in central London June 16, 2013. ... Start your day with our top 5 ...
Apr 11, 2019 · WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, a sophisticated computer programmer responsible for helping release thousands of classified materials since his site's launch in the early 2000s, has been in ...
Jul 03, 1971 · In 2006, Assange began work on WikiLeaks, a website intended to collect and share confidential information on an international scale, and he earned the Time magazine "Person of the Year" title in...
Julian Assange, Australian computer programmer who founded the media organization WikiLeaks. Assange, through WikiLeaks, released thousands of classified documents from an assortment of government and corporate entities. He spent nearly seven years in the Ecuadoran embassy in London in an effort to avoid prosecution.
Sealed indictment of Julian Assange, returned 6 March 2018, released on 11 April 2019 Julian Assange was allegedly investigated by the Eastern District of Virginia grand jury for US computer-related crimes committed in 2012.
Assange founded Wikileaks in 2006, but the whistleblower site rose to prominence in 2010 when it released sensitive military material passed to them by Ms Manning. The material included a 39-minute...
- William Cummings
- US Army manual for Guantanamo prison camp. Date: November 2007. The Leak: One of Assange and WikiLeaks first big releases was of a 238-page Army manual from 2003 on "standard operating procedures" for the Camp Delta prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- 570,000 messages sent on 9/11. Date: November 2009. The Leak: WikiLeaks published more than half a million pager messages sent within a 24-hour period around the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people.
- Video of US helicopter fire killing civilians in Iraq. Date: April 2010. The Leak: WikiLeaks published video footage from a 2007 U.S. Apache helicopter attack in Baghdad, Iraq, that killed at least nine men, including a Reuters news photographer and his driver.
- Iraq and Afghanistan war documents. Date: July and October 2010. The Leaks: In 2010, WikiLeaks published a trove of classified documents about U.S. military action.