50 Best Revenge Films Of All Time. 1. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003) Error: please try again. After awakening from a four-year coma, a former assassin wreaks vengeance on the team of assassins who betrayed her. Votes: 1,020,614 | Gross: $70.10M.
Feb 05, 2019 · The proverb says, ‘Revenge is a dish best served cold’ but the man, Quentin Tarantino served revenge bloody with sides of cut arms and legs. ‘Kill Bill’ shattered records, and brought back the concept of spaghetti westerns in cinema. But essentially it was a revenge flick like no other.
- "Cape Fear" (1962 & 1991) The original 1962 "Cape Fear," an adaptation of the 1957 novel "The Executioners," stars Robert Mitchum as a convicted rapist and lunatic who seeks vengeance on the lawyer (Gregory Peck) who he believes got him a worse sentence than he felt he deserved (obviously not).
- "Point Blank" (1967) "Point Blank," John Boorman's no holds barred take on revenge, stars Lee Marvin as Walker, a man who finds himself double-crossed by his actual partner in crime, Reese (John Vernon).
- "Get Carter" (1971) In 1971, Michael Caine was at the apex of his career as a man with a gun, and of his films, the most memorable was revenge fable "Get Carter," a tale about a man who is obsessed with bloody payback after his brother is murdered.
- "Straw Dogs" (1971) They say every man is one bad day away from showing off his worst tendencies, and in Sam Peckinpah's ultra-violent "Straw Dogs," Dustin Hoffman is the man in question, pushed to the edge as an American on holiday with his wife (Susan George) who, after a run in with some locals, has his home invaded and his wife brutalized.
People also ask
Which is the best revenge movie to watch?
Who is the hero in the movie Revenge?
How much money did the revenge movie make?
Who is the count in the movie Revenge?
Sep 23, 2007 · Revenge flicks: The best in eye-for-an-eye genre Originally published September 23, 2007 at 12:00 am Updated September 23, 2007 at 2:03 am Charles Bronson must be doing the finger-shoot and wink ...
- Mark Rahner
May 21, 2020 · You know how they say revenge is best served cold? We think it's best served with a badass woman (or group of women) taking back their power. From high-school teenagers paying back a cheating ex, to trained assassins avenging their past, our curated list of Indian and international movies features femme fatales unleashing hell on all those who've wronged them.
Feb 11, 2020 · A great Chinese philosopher named Confucius once said: “Before you embark on a journey for revenge, dig two graves.” This is true even for most of the vengeance-themed movies that we watch. That’s probably what draws us to these movies. In real life, knowing the consequences of seeking revenge, most of us would stay away from […]
- Oldboy (2001) It was a toss-up between Oldboy or Lady Vengeance (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is probably worth a mention too). But out of the entire trilogy, there’s no denying Park Chan-Wook’s 2001 neo-noir thriller prevails, telling the complex and harrowing story of a man who sets out to find why he was locked in solitary confinement for fifteen years.
- God Bless America (2001) This isn’t so much about a man seeking retribution for any one solitary act, but more seeking revenge on everything wrong with modern American culture.
- Twin Town (1997) This 1997 film set in the UK town of Swansea continues to enjoy cult status in the pantheon of Welsh cinema, exploring the exploits of two trouble-making “twins” (despite sharing no physical likeness) played by Rhys Ifans and real-life brother Llyr Evans.
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003) You can’t make a vengeance list without giving Kill Bill a mention, or its director, who appears to have a strict “revenge only” policy when it comes to cinematic stories.
- Harakiri 1962, 133 min. Masaki Kobayashi • Starring: Tatsuya Nakadai, Rentaro Mikuni, Shima Iwashita. Based-on-20th-Century-Literature • Drama • Foreign Language Film.
- The Princess Bride 1987, 98 min. Rob Reiner • Starring: Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon. Adventure Comedy • Adventure • Based-on-20th-Century-Literature.
- Memento 2000, 113 min. Christopher Nolan • Starring: Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano. Crime Thriller • Crime • Mindbender. find this movie on ►
- The Professional 1994, 110 min. Luc Besson • Starring: Jean Reno, Natalie Portman, Gary Oldman. Action Thriller • Action • Buddy Film. find this movie on ►
Apr 04, 2018 · The top 32 films, all appearing on 5 or more “Best Revenge” movie lists, are ranked below by how many times they appear. The remaining 850+ movies, as well as the sources we used, are in alphabetical order on the bottom of the page.
- related to: Which is the best revenge flick to watch?