Long Walk to Freedom is an autobiography written by South African President Nelson Mandela, and first published in 1994 by Little Brown & Co. The book profiles his early life, coming of age, education and 27 years in prison.
- Nelson Mandela
- 630 pp
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom is a 2013 British-South African biographical film directed by Justin Chadwick from a script written by William Nicholson and starring Idris Elba and Naomie Harris. The film is based on the 1995 autobiographical book Long Walk to Freedom by anti-apartheid revolutionary and former South African President Nelson Mandela.
Oct 18, 2016 · Niklas Goeke Biography, Culture, Education, History, Leadership, Motivation & Inspiration, Society 1-Sentence-Summary: Long Walk To Freedom is the autobiography of Nelson Mandela, South African anti-apartheid activist, national icon and the first South African black president, elected in the first, fully democratic election in the country.
Long Walk to Freedom is the autobiography of Nelson Mandela, who was the former South African President. This article is for Nelson Mandela long walk to freedom summary. This chapter is the extracts from the “Long Walk to Freedom” book.
- The struggle is my life. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” Over growing fears, Mandela decides to develop what he calls the “Mandela Plan”.
- Treason. In December of 1956, Mandela is arrested for high treason, along with 141 others. He and the others are accused of conspiracy for committing violence and attempting to overthrow the government and replace it with a communist state.
- The black pimpernel. “When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.” Upon winning his trial, Nelson Mandela immediately went underground.
- Rivonia. Found in Rivonia in 1962, Mandela was charged with inciting a strike and illegally leaving the country; for this, Mandela was sentenced to five years imprisonment.
Long Walk to Freedom is his moving and exhilarating autobiography, destined to take its place among the finest memoirs of history's greatest figures. Here for the first time, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela told the extraordinary story of his life -- an epic of struggle, setback, renewed hope, and ultimate triumph.
- Nelson Mandela
Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela tells the life story of South Africa’s first post-apartheid president. Mandela rose to the leadership of the antiapartheid struggle to become one of the 20th century’s most iconic world leaders. He began writing the book in prison in 1975, and it was published in 2004.
Apr 19, 2018 · MicroSummary: “Long Walk to Freedom” is the 1994 autobiography of Nelson Mandela, detailing his ascent from an anti-apartheid activist and Robben Island-jailed terrorist, to ANC leader and a...
Dec 25, 2013 · Nelson Mandela is a South African lawyer who joins the African National Congress in the 1940s when the law under the Apartheid system's brutal tyranny proves useless for his people.
- Justin Chadwick
- related to: Who is Mandela Long Walk to freedom?
thriftbooks.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month