Laura is a 1944 American film noir produced and directed by Otto Preminger. It stars Gene Tierney , Dana Andrews , and Clifton Webb along with Vincent Price and Judith Anderson . The screenplay by Jay Dratler , Samuel Hoffenstein , and Betty Reinhardt is based on the 1943 novel Laura by Vera Caspary .
Directed by Otto Preminger. With Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb, Vincent Price. A police detective falls in love with the woman whose murder he is investigating.
- Otto Preminger
Jan 20, 2002 · He was a stage actor who refused the studio's demand for a screen test; Otto Preminger, who began by producing the film and ended by directing it, in desperation filmed Webb on a Broadway stage and showed that to Zanuck.
- Powers, Abilities, & Weaknesses
Laura is shown to have no knowledge of the outside world, or how it works. This is because she was isolated by Transigen for her whole life. As a result of this, Laura doesn't know much about how the world works and how to act around people she doesn't know.She is shown to have many of the behavioral traits that her father had. She's easily angered, and resorts to violence whenever she doesn't get her way - as shown when she flips the store clerk on to the ground and nearly stabs him just bec...
1. Regenerative Healing Factor - X-23's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing factor that enables her to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissues with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. She is capable of fully healing injuries resulting in massive tissue damage and blood loss, such as slash wounds and puncture wounds within a matter of seconds. 1. Psionic Resistance - X-23 and Logan were both not fully incapacitated by Charles Xavier's seizure-induced psychic at...
1. Adamantium Claws - At some point during her training under Transigen Project, she was put through a similar adamantium infusion as her father had to his entire skeleton. Unlike him however, she received this infusion only to her claws, refining them into sleek blades.
1. Elizabeth Howlett † - Grandmother (via Wolverine) 2. Thomas Logan † - Grandfather (via Wolverine) 3. Wolverine † - Father 4. Sabretooth - Uncle (via Wolverine)
1. Her origin is altered slightly for the film, specifically, in the comics she was born on the Canadian-American border from Sarah Kinney while in the movie she has an unnamed mother, and was born in Mexico instead. 1. While typically depicted as Caucasian in the primary Marvel universe, Laura is Hispanic in the film. This is because rather than a product of cloning, as in most incarnations, her mother was impregnated through more traditional artificial techniques. 2. Throughout the film sh...
1. ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Logan (2017). James Mangold (director) & Scott Frank, James Mangold, Michael Green (writers). 20th Century Fox.
The protagonist and main character, Connie Wyatt, is played by Laura Dern. The antagonist, Arnold Friend, is played by Treat Williams . The film was produced by American Playhouse and Goldcrest Films, and originally released to movie theaters in 1985. The original music score was composed by Russ Kunkel and Bill Payne.
The film had its US premiere on October 10, 2014, at the New York Film Festival and its UK premiere on October 17, 2014, at the BFI London Film Festival. The film features Snowden and Glenn Greenwald , and was co-produced by Poitras, Mathilde Bonnefoy , and Dirk Wilutzky , with Steven Soderbergh and others serving as executive producers .
Laura Pennington (McGuire) and Oliver Bradford (Young) learn to do so while cast under the magic spell of the 'enchanted cottage' they are inhabiting. It seems a hokey concept on paper, but this film really works. Laura is a homely maid who looks as if she is going to spend her days as a spinster.
Unbroken (film) Unbroken. (film) Unbroken is a 2014 American war film produced and directed by Angelina Jolie and written by the Coen brothers, Richard LaGravenese, and William Nicholson. It is based on the 2010 non-fiction book by Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption.
Dec 25, 2014 · Directed by Angelina Jolie. With Jack O'Connell, Miyavi, Domhnall Gleeson, Garrett Hedlund. After a near-fatal plane crash in WWII, Olympian Louis Zamperini spends a harrowing 47 days in a raft with two fellow crewmen before he's caught by the Japanese navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.