- John Trevathian Upchurch Jr. (January 19, 1920 – January 8, 1994) was a singer and an occasional actor with his professional name of Jack Prince. He performed in Broadway plays, sang in nightclubs, and was a regular on a 1955 television variety show. Prince is best remembered for playing Rafe Hollister on The Andy Griffith Show .
People also ask
Who played Rafe Hollister on Andy Griffith?
Who played Raif Hollister?
When did Jack Prince die?
When "The Andy Griffith Show" started on TV in the early 1960's, Griffith asked Prince to appear in a few episodes. Prince, who first appeared in two minor roles on the show, was best-known, and is best-remembered today, for his role of Rafe Hollister".
Little is known of his work during the 1970s and 80s. In September 1991 Prince reprised his role of Rafe Hollister on TNN's Nashville Now. He and Hal Smith, who played town drunk Otis Campbell on The Andy Griffith Show, appeared together in a jail skit, and Prince sang The Lonesome Road, a song heard in the Rafe Hollister Sings episode. Death
Directed by Charles Irving. With Andy Griffith, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer. When image-conscious Mayor Stoner objects to a golden-voiced--but wardrobe-challenged--farmer chosen to represent Mayberry in the upcoming musicale, Andy must find a way to appease all sides.
- Charles Irving
Rafe Hollister is a farmer, former moonshiner and occasional vocal performer of Mayberry played by actor Jack Prince in three episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. He is married to Martha Hollister. He can be ill-tempered and stubborn, but has shown to have a soft Southern charm.
Jack Prince sings as his Andy Griffith Show Character Rafe Hollister on a 1991 episode of Nashville Now. With Price is Hal "Otis" Smith.
- 7 min
- Bart Boatwright
The following is a list of characters of The Andy Griffith Show, an American sitcom television series, starring Andy Griffith.The series ran for eight seasons on CBS between October 3, 1960, and April 1, 1968.
Jan 08, 1994 · In 1954, he broke into the television scene singing on "The Colgate Comedy Hour" and later on the Johnny Carson Show". His other TV credits include "The Buick-Berle Show", "The Danny Thomas Show", "Nashville Now!" and was most remembered for his role as Rafe Hollister on "The Andy Griffith Show". Actor.
- 19 Jan 1920, Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, USA
- Jack Trevathian Upchurch
- 8 Jan 1994 (aged 73), Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, USA
- Hillside Memorial Park, Redlands, San Bernardino County, California, USA
Jack Prince (January 19, 1920 - January 8, 1994) appeared in six episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. He first met Andy Griffith when they performed together in the Broadway musical "Destry Rides Again".
- related to: Who played Raif Hollister Andy Griffith?