- 1. a thin flexible strip of plastic or other material coated with light-sensitive emulsion for exposure in a camera, used to produce photographs or motion pictures: "he had already shot a whole roll of film"
- 2. a motion picture; a movie: "a horror film" Similar
- 1. capture on film as part of a series of moving images; make a movie of (a story or event): "she glowered at the television crew who were filming them" Similar
- 2. become or appear to become covered with a thin layer of something: "his eyes had filmed over" Similar
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
People also ask
What is the definition of a movie?
What are the best movies of all time?
What movies were made in the 1940s?
What is a movie film?
- 1. a thin layer or coating. 2. a thin sheet of any material: a film of ice. 3. a thin skin or membrane. 4. a delicate web of filaments or fine threads. 5. a thin haze, blur, or mist.
Film definition is - a thin skin or membranous covering : pellicle. How to use film in a sentence.
Film definition, a thin layer or coating: a film of grease on a plate. See more.
1. (Film) a. a sequence of images of moving objects photographed by a camera and providing the optical illusion of continuous movement when projected onto a screen. b. a form of entertainment, information, etc, composed of such a sequence of images and shown in a cinema, etc. c. ( as modifier ): film techniques.1.film - a form of entertainment that ...2.film - a medium that disseminates ...3.film - photographic material ...4.film - a thin coating or layer;5.film - a thin sheet of (usually ...
Film criticism is the analysis and evaluation of films. In general, these works can be divided into two categories: academic criticism by film scholars and journalistic film criticism that appears regularly in newspapers and other media. Film critics working for newspapers, magazines, and broadcast media mainly review new releases. Normally ...
Film, also called motion picture or movie, series of still photographs on film, projected in rapid succession onto a screen by means of light. Because of the optical phenomenon known as persistence of vision, this gives the illusion of actual, smooth, and continuous movement.
a main division within the plot of a film; a film is often divided by 'plot points' (places of dramatic change) rather than acts; long films are divided mid-way with an intermission action
May 07, 2021 · Definition of thin film. : a very thin layer of a substance on a supporting material especially : a coating (as of a semiconductor) that is deposited in a layer one atom or one molecule thick.