Major wars that began in the 1990s include the First and Second Congo Wars, the Rwandan Civil War and genocide, the Burundian Civil War, the Somali Civil War, the Algerian Civil War, and the Sierra Leone Civil War in Africa, and the Yugoslav Wars, the First and Second Chechen Wars, and the Tajikistani Civil War in the former Soviet Union, and the …
- 1990S in Music
Popular music in the 1990s saw the continuation of teen pop...
The Nineties is a documentary miniseries which premiered on...
- Death of Diana, Princess of Wales
In the early hours of 31 August 1997, Diana, Princess of...
The 2000s (pronounced "two-thousands"; shortened to the '...
- 1990S in Film
Events. Thousands of full-length films were produced during...
- Second Congo War
The Second Congo War, also known as the Great War of Africa...
- Gulf War
Strength; 956,600, including 700,000 U.S. troops: 650,000...
- Hubble Space Telescope
The Hubble Space Telescope (often referred to as HST or...
- International Space Station
The International Space Station (ISS) is the largest modular...
The 1970s (pronounced "nineteen-seventies"; commonly...
- 1990S in Music
The 1990s was the decade that started on January 1, 1990, and ended on December 31, 1999. Events [ change | change source] 1990 - 1991 – Gulf War 1990 – German reunification 1991 – The end of the Cold War. 1991 – Breakup of Yugoslavia. Yugoslav Wars 1991 – Dissolution of the Soviet Union 1992 – The European Union is founded.
1990 was an important year in the Internet 's early history. In the fall of 1990, Tim Berners-Lee created the first web server and the foundation for the World Wide Web. Test operations began around December 20 and it was released outside CERN the following year.
People also ask
What year was 1990?
What happened in the 1990s?
What was life like in the 1990s?
What genres were popular in the 1990s?
- Jennifer Rosenberg
- 2 min
- History Expert
- 1990. The '90s began with the biggest art theft in history at the Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. Germany was reunited after 45 years of separation, South Africa's Nelson Mandela was freed, Lech Walesa became the first president of Poland, and the Hubble Telescope was launched into space.
- 1991. The year 1991 began with Operation Desert Storm, also called the first Gulf War. The year went on to see the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines that killed 800 and the airlift of 14,000 Jews from Ethiopia by Israel.
- 1992. The year 1992 marked the beginning of the genocide in Bosnia and devastating riots in Los Angeles after the verdict in the Rodney King trial, in which three Los Angeles police officers were acquitted in the beating of King.
- 1993. In 1993, New York's World Trade Center was bombed and the compound of the Branch Davidian cult in Waco, Texas, was raided by agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
1990 ( MCMXC) was a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1990th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 990th year of the 2nd millennium, the 90th year of the 20th century, and the 1st year of the 1990s decade. Events [ change | change source] January [ change | change source]
The 1990s (pronoonced "nineteen-nineties" an abbreviat as "Nineties") wis a decade o the Gregorian calendar thit stairtit on 1st Januar, 1990, an endit on Dizember 31, 1999. Wikimedia Commons haes media relatit tae 1990s .