Berlin (/ b ɜːr ˈ l ɪ n /; German: [bɛʁˈliːn] ()) is the capital and largest city of Germany by both area and population. Its 3,769,495 inhabitants as of 31 December 2019 make it the most-populous city of the European Union, according to population within city limits.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin
Berlin (/ b ɜːr ˈ l ɪ n /; German: [bɛʁˈliːn] ()) is the capital and largest city of Germany by both area and population. Its 3,769,495 inhabitants as of 31 December 2019 make it the most-populous city of the European Union, according to population within city limits.
- 34 m (112 ft)
Most visitors to Berlin want to see the Wall. But of the concrete barrier that once divided the German capital, only remnants remain. Where to find pieces of the real thing.
- Berlin: 9 reasons why the German capital city isn't very German at all | Meet the Germansyoutube.com
- Why German divisions remain, 30 years after fall of the Berlin Wallyoutube.com
- Visit Berlin - The Don'ts of Visiting Berlin, Germanyyoutube.com
- Berlin protests for and against coronavirus restrictions as cases soar in Germany | DW Newsyoutube.com
Berlin is one of the most open and tolerant cities in the world today and the gay and lesbian scene in the German capital is flourishing Show details © visitBerlin, Foto: Andi Weiland/Gesellschaftsbilder.de
A cosmopolitan city with an edge. From its fashion to its architecture to its political history, Berlin has always been edgy. The Berlin Wall is a sobering reminder of the hyper-charged postwar atmosphere, and yet the graffiti art that now covers its remnants has become symbolic of social progress.
Berlin, capital and chief urban centre of Germany. The city lies at the heart of the North German Plain, athwart an east-west commercial and geographic axis that helped make it the capital of the kingdom of Prussia and then, from 1871, of a unified Germany. Berlin’s former glory ended in 1945, but the city survived the destruction of World War II. It was rebuilt and came to show amazing economic and cultural growth.
People also ask
What are the best things to see in Berlin Germany?
What city is closest to Berlin?
What is Berlin, Germany known for?
What do you do in Berlin?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Berlin, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 1,669,034 traveler reviews and photos of Berlin tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in January. We have reviews of the best places to see in Berlin. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Hip, energetic Berlin has grabbed the world’s attention with its exuberant urban life and vibrant arts scene. Gone are the days of drab Cold War Germany and a city divided by the Wall.
Putin critic Alexei Navalny detained upon return to Moscow after poisoning allegedly linked to Kremlin
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was arrested Sunday at a Moscow airport as he tried to enter the country from Germany, where he had spent five months recovering from ...
USA TODAY via Yahoo News
8 hours ago
- "Are you detaining me?" Navalny flies home, and straight into troubleReuters via Yahoo News8 hours ago
- Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 7,141- RKIThe number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 7,141 to 2,040,659, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Monday. The ...Reuters via Yahoo Finance52 minutes ago
- Putin critic Alexei Navalny detained upon return to Russia after poisoningNBC News via Yahoo News9 hours ago
- Merkel focuses on pandemic legacy as her party considers whether to break with herThe Telegraph via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Germany: Merkel's party elects pragmatic Laschet as leaderAssociated Press via Yahoo News2 days ago
Berlin still retains as its symbol a defiant black bear standing on its hind legs. The settlements of Spandau and Köpenick, now metropolitan districts, preceded the establishment of Berlin-Kölln; fortified settlements at both sites date to the 8th century. The Ascanians, followers of Albert I the Bear, established their fortress in 1160 at Spandau in the north where the Spree flows into the Havel River; by 1232 the fortress had earned the privileges of a town.
Feel-Good results for Berlin Germany