People also ask
Does Google Translate really work?
Does Google Translate use the right grammar?
How accurate is Google Translate?
How many languages can Google Translate?
Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
Google Translate is a complementary translation service developed by Google in April 2006. It translates multiple forms of texts and media such as words, phrases and webpages. Originally Google Translate was released as a statistical machine translation service.
Google refers to this process of translation by finding patterns in vast swathes of writing “statistical machine translation.” As humans, when we learn languages, we do so by navigating the sets of...
Google Translate doesn’t just translate words and phrases for you; it can also translate entire documents, such as plain text and rich-text documents, Microsoft Word documents, and HTML. It can even translate PDFs. The file-size limit for translating documents (as stated in Google’s FAQs) is 1MB.
Jan 30, 2018 · The words in Google Translate’s output are all English words (even if, for unclear reasons, a couple are inappropriately capitalized). So far, so good! But soon it grows wobbly, and the further...
- More than 500 million people use Google Translate. According to the Google Translate blog, the service has more than 500 million users. That’s close to the entire population of the European Union, which has 508 million inhabitants.
- Google Translate translates more than 100 billion words per day. That’s roughly equivalent to a stack of 128,000 Bibles, every single day.
- Google Translate now supports 103 languages. When it was launched 10 years ago, it only supported two: English and Arabic.
- 92% of Google Translate users are outside of the US. Brazil has the highest number of users.
Sep 02, 2015 · Google Translate does a good job with very basic translations — especially those whose target language is English — and now even offers alternative interpretations for certain words and phrases. However, the very methodology upon which Google Translate is based prevents it from ever competing with human translators. Here’s why:
Official Google Translate Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Google Translate and other answers to frequently asked questions.
- related to: Does Google translate words?