- New Jersey, constituent state of the United States of America. One of the original 13 states, it is bounded by New York to the north and northeast, the Atlantic Ocean to the east and south, and Delaware and Pennsylvania to the west. The state was named for the island of Jersey in the English Channel. The capital is Trenton.
People also ask
Is New Jersey a northern or southern state?
What other states are near New Jersey?
Is New Jersey on the coast?
Is a Jersey named after New Jersey?
New Jersey is a Northern state, though the Mason-Dixon line does go through a small piece of South Jersey.
New Jersey is often broadly divided into three geographic regions: North Jersey, Central Jersey, and South Jersey. Some New Jersey residents do not consider Central Jersey a region in its own right, but others believe it is a separate geographic and cultural area from the North and South.
Description: This map shows where New Jersey is located on the U.S. Map.
Feb 01, 2021 · New Jersey is on the east coast of the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States of America. It is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east, and by the states of Delaware to the south west, Pennsylvania to the west, and New York to the north and north east.
- 22,591.38 km²
- U.S. State
- US dollar (USD)
Bergen County is the most populous county in the U.S. state of New Jersey. As of the 2019 Census estimate, the county's population was 932,202, an increase of 3.0% from the 2010 census, which in turn represented an increase of 20,998 (2.4%) from the 884,118 counted in the 2000 Census.
Get information on New Jersey Travel Guide - Expert Picks for your Vacation hotels, restaurants, entertainment, shopping, sightseeing, and activities. Read the Fodor's reviews, or post your own.
- Wooder. No one’s quite sure how or where we picked this one up, and it’s something that stumps the rest of the country. But when someone from South Jersey asks if you want wooder, they’re offering you a refreshing glass of water.
- Beggel. Ahhh, the best breakfast anywhere in the world. Covered with melty white American cheese, a fried egg and a slice of pork roll (which we’re getting to), nothing beats a South Jersey beggel – meaning bagel.
- Jeet? Nah, joo? We have a tendency to run our words together in South Jersey – we’re usually in a hurry, after all. So “did you eat yet?” becomes simply, “Jeet?”
- Jughandle. When someone gives you directions and they mention a jughandle, you might start to wonder when you got on the topic of beverages. But in Jersey, jughandles are the road formations we use when we need to exit right off a major road, loop back around and head in the other direction.