Boogie Nights is a 1997 American period drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.It is set in Los Angeles's San Fernando Valley and focuses on a young nightclub dishwasher who becomes a popular star of pornographic films, chronicling his rise in the Golden Age of Porn of the 1970s through to his fall during the excesses of the 1980s.
Graham still nearly tripled her money on the sale; records show she shelled out $880,000 for the home in 1998 a year after starring in the Oscar-nominated film “Boogie < ...
LA Times via Yahoo Finance
3 weeks ago
- Boogie Nights star Heather Graham is starting a roller girl TikTokEntertainment Weekly via Yahoo News1 month ago
- Ricky Jay, ‘Boogie Nights’ and ‘Magnolia’ actor, dies at 72TheWrap News via AOL2 years ago
- Listen to the Power Ballad That Unites ‘Bumblebee’ and ‘Boogie Nights’The Wrap via Yahoo News2 years ago
- Ricky Jay death: Magician and actor, who appeared in Boogie Nights and Magnolia, dies aged 72The Independent via Yahoo News2 years ago
- Ricky Jay, Master Magician and Actor in ‘Deadwood,’ ‘Boogie Nights,’ Dies at 72Variety via Yahoo News2 years ago
Boogie Nights is an impassioned and creative portrait of American souls in distress from a young, passionate filmmaker who threw himself headlong into his movies (his follow-up, Magnolia, pushes ...
There are plenty of movies mythologizing Hollywood. Boogie Nights tried to do the same for the porn industry. It chronicled the high and low points of a porn producer Jack Horner (Burt Reynolds) and his stable of actors and crew in the 1970s-80s. The movie starts off by portraying Horner’s cast and crew as a bunch of troubled people.
It's defiantly a older crowd that attends Boogie Nights. We had a blast and dressed in our 70's best. Ladies dancing on stage, DJ play all the hits. Drinking out of a disco-ball with my main man made it a FUN night!
- 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, 08401-6338, Jersey Shore
People also ask
Is Boogie Nights based on a true story?
What is Boogie Nights?
Who is the cast of Boogie Nights?
What happened at the end of Boogie Nights?
- Thomas Freeman
- Leonardo DiCaprio almost played Dirk Diggler. Leonardo DiCaprio told an Australian radio show that Dirk Diggler was the one role he really regretted turning down, and we can hardly blame him.
- Mark Wahlberg almost turned it down, too. Wahlberg, then best-known as "Good Vibrations" rapper Marky Mark and a Calvin Klein underwear model, had his doubts after being referred to Anderson by his Basketball Diaries co-star Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Samuel L. Jackson was offered Don Cheadle's Role. Director Paul Thomas Anderson revealed in the DVD commentary that when he reached out to Samuel L. Jackson, his first choice for the role, the prolific actor said, "What the hell is this?"
- Dirk Diggler was based on a real-life porn star. The meteoric rise and brutal fall of Dirk Diggler bears striking similarity to that of John Holmes, the famously well-endowed '70s porn star who later succame to drug addiction and a life of crime.
- WAHLBERG INITIALLY DIDN’T WANT TO BE IN THE MOVIE, BECAUSE OF SHOWGIRLS. At this stage in Mark Wahlberg’s career, he had a hit song under the name Marky Mark, had done The Basketball Diaries—which is how Anderson discovered him—and was basically an underwear model.
- BURT REYNOLDS DISLIKED PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON AND THE MOVIE. It’s no secret the pair didn’t get along on set. Reynolds, who played porn filmmaker Jack Horner, recently told GQ why their personalities clashed.
- REYNOLDS AND ANDERSON NEARLY CAME TO PHYSICAL BLOWS.
- ANDERSON THINKS A GOOD PORN STAR NAME SHOULD HAVE TWO “G”S AND ONE “K” IN IT. The director told NPR he’s not sure how he came up with the name Dirk Diggler, but for some reason he wrote the name down on an index card when he was 17 years old.
Oct 31, 1997 · Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. With Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds, Luis Guzmán. Back when sex was safe, pleasure was a business and business was booming, an idealistic porn producer aspires to elevate his craft to an art when he discovers a hot young talent.
- Paul Thomas Anderson
- Burt Reynolds Rejected The Role Of Jack Horner Seven Times Before Accepting. Burt Reynolds was apprehensive about appearing in Boogie Nights, since he didn’t want to promote the porn industry.
- Dirk’s Member Was A Prosthetic Made Of Biodegradable Rubber. At the end of Boogie Nights, as Dirk is looking at himself in a mirror, he takes out his gigantic member.
- Paul Thomas Anderson Worked With Ron Jeremy To Develop The Script. While Paul Thomas Anderson was putting together the screenplay for Boogie Nights, he spent a year hanging out with porn legend Ron Jeremy.
- A Lot Of High-Profile Actors Were Up For Parts In The Film. The casting team behind Boogie Nights looked at plenty of big-name actors for each part. Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Christian Bale, and Ethan Hawke were all considered to play Dirk Diggler.
Dec 10, 2014 · As Paul Thomas Anderson has often said, seeing Dirk Diggler’s gigantic penis in Boogie Nights is like seeing the shark in Jaws: It’s more powerful if you have to wait for it.Now, thanks to ...
Feel-Good results for Is there A 'Boogie Nights'?
Boogie Nights The Dirk Diggler Story was expanded into Anderson's 1997 breakout film Boogie Nights     with a number of scenes appearing almost verbatim in both films.  Two actors had roles in both films; in Boogie Nights , Robert Ridgely played The Colonel, a pornography financier, and Michael Stein had a cameo appearance as a ...