From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Oakland County is a county in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is part of the metropolitan Detroit area, located northwest of the city. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,202,362, making it the second-most populous county in Michigan, behind neighboring Wayne County.
Oakland County is a county in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, 1,202,362 people lived there, making it the second-most populous county in Michigan, after neighboring Wayne County. The county seat is Pontiac. The county was created on March 28, 1820.
Pages in category "Oakland County, Michigan" The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total. This list may not reflect recent changes ().
People also ask
What what are facts about Oakland County mi?
What languages are spoken in Oakland County, mi?
What is the population of Oakland County mi?
Bloomfield Township, officially the Charter Township of Bloomfield, is a charter township of Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 41,070. As a northern suburb of Metro Detroit, Bloomfield Township is located 6 miles north of the city of Detroit. Established in 1827, it is the oldest township of Oakland County. In 2014, Bloomfield Township was ranked the most expensive community in which to live in the state of Michigan with a median hom
The Township has no incorporated villages and multiple unincorporated communities: 1. Bloomfield Village is located between Quarton Road on the north, Maple Road on the south, Lahser Road on the west and Glenhurst and Westwood on the east. The non-governmental Bloomfield Village Association provides police and fire services to the community in concert with those provided by Bloomfield Township. It also provides other community-specific services. 2. Charing Cross is located at Kensington and Char
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 25.99 square miles, of which 24.63 square miles is land and 1.36 square miles is water. Bloomfield Township borders Pontiac and Auburn Hills to the north. The cities of Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham are within the original survey township. West Bloomfield Township is to the west, the city of Troy is to the east, and Southfield Township is to the south. Bloomfield Township shares a small border with the city of Keego
As of the census of 2000, there were 43,023 people, 16,804 households, and 12,703 families residing in the township. The population density was 1,724.5 per square mile. There were 17,455 housing units at an average density of 699.7 per square mile. The racial makeup of the township was 87.70% White, 4.30% Black or African American, 0.08% Native American, 6.47% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.29% from other races, and 1.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.38% of the
Oakland Hills Country Club in Bloomfield Township has been host to a number of major professional golf events, including six U.S. Opens and the 2004 Ryder Cup. Bloomfield Township is also home to the Detroit Skating Club where a number of world-class figure skaters have trained, including single skaters Tara Lipinski, Todd Eldredge, Alissa Czisny, Adam Rippon, Jeremy Abbott and ice dancers Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat, Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje, Naomi Lang/Peter Tchernyshev, Elizabeth Punsa
The township's primary public school district is Bloomfield Hills School District, but a portion of the southeast corner of the township is in Birmingham Public Schools and a portion of the northeast corner is in Avondale School District. Another portion is in the Pontiac School
The Lower School and Junior School campuses of the Detroit Country Day School are located in the township as are Academy of the Sacred Heart, Brother Rice High School, Marian High School, and the International Academy. Cranbrook Schools is located in nearby Bloomfield Hills. The
- Notable people
Oxford Township, officially the Charter Township of Oxford, is a charter township in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 20,526 at the 2010 census.
The Township has three unincorporated communities: 1. Oakwood straddles the western border with Brandon Township at Baldwin and Oakwood Roads. 2. Thomas is located at the north end of the Township at M-24 and Thomas Road. A railroad station and facilities were necessary near the northern edge of the township, and so the second community, Thomas, was developed. The place was platted by John Thomas in 1871. 3. Waterstone is located on Granger Road/Market Street between Dunlap and M-24.
Prior to the 1820s, what is now Oxford Township was known to be a hunting ground of the Nepessing Tribe of the Chippewa Indians, who inhabited large areas of what became Oakland, Lapeer and St. Clair counties. Between 1810 and the early 1820s, numerous settlers visited the Oxford area, primarily to hunt and trap. The first documented sale of public land in this area was recorded in 1823 to Elbridge Deming, who later built a log cabin on land in section 9 of the township, around the spring of 183
As of the census of 2000, there were 16,025 people, 5,787 households, and 4,317 families residing in the township. The population density was 472.9 per square mile. There were 6,151 housing units at an average density of 181.5 per square mile. The racial makeup of the township was 96.83% White, 0.45% African American, 0.26% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.62% from other races, and 1.31% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.19% of the population. T
One of the most recognizable voices throughout the nation in the 1940s and 1950s was that of Brace Beemer, the radio voice of the Lone Ranger. Beemer lived in Oxford Township on a 300-acre ranch on Drahner Road. There is a street named for him in the southwest part of the township, where he lived. His collection of Lone Ranger items is on display in the Northeast Oakland Historical Museum in Oxford.
Highland Township is a western suburb of Metro Detroit and is located about 18 miles west of the city of Pontiac and about 45 miles northwest of the city of Detroit. Highland Township was founded by pioneer families in 1835. A major factor in the development of Highland was the railroad, which allowed lumber to be transported cheaply, and allowed products from the township's early factories to be exported easily. In 2003, in an effort to retain its rural character, as well as preserve its extens
While there are no incorporated villages in the township, there are six unincorporated communities: 1. Clyde is located at Milford and Clyde Roads. Clyde had a Post Office from May 2, 1872 to February 22, 1968. The community also had a rail station. Clyde was platted in 1875. 2. East Highland is located at Duck Lake and Highland Roads. 3. Hickory Ridge is located at Hickory Ridge and Clyde Roads. 4. Highland is located along Livingston Road between Highland and Eleanor Roads. 5. Seven Harbors is
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.18 square miles, of which 34.11 square miles is land and 2.07 square miles is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 19,169 people, 6,786 households, and 5,374 families residing in the township. The population density was 570.2 per square mile. There were 7,179 housing units at an average density of 213.5 per square mile. The racial makeup of the township was 97.42% White, 0.30% African American, 0.46% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.25% from other races, and 1.17% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.27% of the population.
Huron Valley Schools has its headquarters in Highland Township. Milford High School is located in the township.
County histories published in Michigan History Magazine. Some back issues that include these histories are still available for purchase. Jenks, William L. (1912). "History and Meaning of the County Names of Michigan". Collections and Researches of the Michigan Pioneer and Historical Society. 38: 439–478.
Rochester Hills is a city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan.As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 70,995.. The area was originally settled in as early as 1817 and organized as Avon Township in 1835.