Trenton is the capital city of the U.S. state of New Jersey and the county seat of Mercer County. It briefly served as the capital of the United States in 1784. The city's metropolitan area, consisting of Mercer County, is grouped with the New York Combined Statistical Area by the United States Census Bureau, but it directly borders the Philadelphia metropolitan area and was from 1990 until ...
Trenton is in the middle part of New Jersey, along the Delaware River. References [ change | change source ] ↑ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: City of Trenton , Geographic Names Information System , accessed June 4 , 2007 .
People also ask
What are facts about Trenton?
Is Trenton east or west of NJ?
What county is Trenton NJ in?
Where is State House in Trenton NJ?
West Trenton, New Jersey. / 40.26389°N 74.81861°W / 40.26389; -74.81861. / 40.26389°N 74.81861°W / 40.26389; -74.81861. West Trenton is a section of Ewing Township in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. It is a suburban area located adjacent to the northwestern portion of the city of Trenton, from which it derives its ...
Location of Trenton inside of Mercer County: Coordinates: Bangsa United States; State New Jersey; County Mercer County; Incorporated: Noviembri 13, 1792: Gubyernu - Mayor Tony F. Mack: Lualas - Total 8.1 sq mi (21.1 km 2) - Gabun: 7.6 sq mi (19.8 km 2) - Danum: 0.5 sq mi (1.3 km 2)
North Trenton is a neighborhood located within the city of Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States.
The City of Trenton dates back to the British colonial era, when it was chartered as 'a municipality within the royal realm of subjects under the Royal Throne'. Boundaries were recorded for the village of Trenton, or Trenton Township, as of June 3, 1719. After the American Revolution, Trenton became the capital of the state of New Jersey, and the City of Trenton was formed on November 13, 1792, within Trenton Township. What remained of Trenton Township was absorbed by the city of Trenton on Apri
Until the first decade of the 20th century, much of North Trenton was made up of working farms, orchards, and large estates. After 1910, however, industrial development and population growth led to rapid development. By 1920, the North Ward was home to approximately a quarter of the city's population. North Trenton attracted a large middle-class, professional population, which coincided with the construction of modern, 'planned' neighborhoods situated around parks and green space. Several commer
In the first half of the 20th century, while most of Trenton was segregated or defined by distinct ethnic neighborhoods, North Trenton was one of the few sections of the city where blacks, and whites of all ethnic backgrounds, lived together. North Trenton was regarded as a middle-class 'melting pot' peopled by a vibrant professional class which formed an important economic and cultural foundation for the city. After World War One, North Trenton became a magnet for Polish and Sicilian immigrants
- Decline and rise in crime
South Trenton is a neighborhood located within the city of Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. It is home to Italian Americans, Latin Americans, Irish Americans and their descendants. South Trenton is Trenton's most diverse neighborhood and borders Hamilton Township to the Southeast and the Delaware River to the West. It had a brief existence as an independent municipality from 1840 to 1851. South Trenton was incorporated as a borough by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on F
Landmarks in South Trenton include the First Baptist Church of Trenton located at the corner of Centre and Bridge Street which was founded in 1805. The Sun National Bank Center was completed in 1999 and hosts hundreds of events per year from hockey games to musical concerts to job fairs as well as the very popular PrimeTime Shootout showcasing some of the nation's best talent in high school basketball. The 2003 PrimeTime Shootout was the site of the highest-scoring game of LeBron James' high sch
In April 1828, all South Trenton from the Assunpink southward was included in Nottingham Township. Trenton was considered the section north of the creek. Nottingham was divided, however, on April 11, 1842, the territory set off being thenceforth known as Hamilton Township. In 1831, John A. Roebling migrated from Germany, moving to Trenton in about 1848, when he purchased some acres of land on South Broad Street where his new wire plant would be located. In 1851, South Trenton was annexed as part
The decline of the South Ward began with the building of new suburban homes in the towns surrounding Trenton in the 1950s and 1960s. Many old factories closed and businesses left the area. Many cities experienced urban decay and a rise in crime, and Trenton did as well. In 1958, a young religious fanatic who grew up in a broken home stormed St. Joachim's Church and shot three nuns, and then escaped out the back as police fired 1,000 rounds at shadows in the front window of the nunnery. Until the