Ten Interesting facts about Pediatricians/Pediatrics are as follows:
- The Pediatrics field was first discovered by the French. ...
- Some of its traces are also found in Ancient India where a child’s doctor was addressed as ‘kumara bhrtya’. ...
- The word Paediatrics is derived from two Greek words, ‘pais’ meaning child and ‘iatros’ meaning doctor.
People also ask
What are some interesting facts about being a pediatrician?
What are some interesting facts about pediatricians?
What are some interesting things about being a pediatrician?
What is the most stressful thing about being a pediatrician?
- It’s a Specialized Specialty. Being a pediatrician is considered a specialty in the medical field. This is further enhanced if a pediatrician decides to focus on one particular area, such as neurology.
- There’s a Cutoff Age. Children gain their own medical authority at the age of 16, rather than 18. This is the normal age that pediatricians stop seeing patients.
- Get the GP. Before seeing a pediatrician, most households will actually see their general practitioner. This is because the added cost of seeing a pediatrician isn’t necessary in order to prescribe medications, apply bandages, or even sew up a nasty little cut.
- That’s a Long Time. For the average pediatrician, it takes 11 years of schooling to become licensed. This includes 4 years of schooling at a college or university, 4 years of medical school, which is followed by a 12 month internship in pediatrics and a 2 year stint in residence.
May 08, 2020 · #23 A pediatrician who aspires to specialize in a sub-field of pediatrics will pursue a fellowship program. Depending on the sub-specialty, training lasts 2 to 3 years. #24 A pediatrician can specialize in particular areas, like: neonatology – it is a subspecialty of pediatrics which consists of the medical care of the premature or ill newborns;
- Their Schooling Totals Over 11 years. Most people don’t know the difference between each different type of doctor’s training. Pediatricians go through numerous levels of schooling
- Their Overall Goal is Preventative Care. Most of the patients that a Pediatrician will see are there for preventative care, such as newborns and infants.
- 33 Different Types of Pediatricians. From General Pediatricians to a Child Neurologist, Pediatricians treat every aspect of a child’s health. Ranging from Specialized specialists to General Pediatricians, pediatricians can be located in hospitals, clinics, and private practices.
- Proactively Stop Disease Spread. Because one of their primary goals is preventative care, Pediatricians have a part in actively eradicating the world of diseases, such as small pox and tuberculosis.
- 2 answers
The requirements for becoming a pediatrician (you need a preposition before the term in the sinular) are med school; then you do a 3 year residency. Pediatrics is considered a primary care field. There should be a great deal of info on the...
- 5 answers
Go here (it's dry reading--maybe you can jazz it up a bit): http://www.answers.com/topic/american-academy-of-pediatrics More interesting: http://www.yourpediatrician.com/BecomingAPed.htm Has a cool quiz:...
- 4 answers
I've answered this question, and given this advice so many times... A pediatrician is a physician just like any other physician. S/he simply speciallizes in children. But all physicians must go through the same schooling... at least up to a...
- 2 answers
General Pediatrician: Salary and Career Facts. Explore the career requirements for general pediatricians. Get the facts about job duties, salary, job growth and licensure requirements to determine if this is the right career for you.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O)
- Doctors are required to be licensed in all states; board certification in pediatrics is available
- 3-year residency
Home > Facts > Health Facts > Pediatricians Facts A pediatrician is a doctor that cares for the health of newborns, infants, children, and adolescents up to the age of 18. Some pediatricians care for young adults until the age of 21, depending on the country, and others until the young adult has completed secondary education.
Which pediatrician is the right one for your child? Before you start your search, take a few minutes to learn exactly what this kind of doctor does. It will help you make a better choice and know ...
Jun 12, 2015 · Pediatricians And Their World: 10 Facts You Should Know. June 12, 2015, cherran, Leave a comment. A doctor or a medical practitioner who specializes in children and their health treatments is called a Pediatrician. The science which deals with the same branch is termed as Pediatrics. It groups the new born babies, children, and adolescents ...
Jul 11, 2020 · The reopening of schools is the latest public health issue to be used in political talk, to the detriment of children, writes pediatrician Edith Bracho-Sanchez. The author says our collective goal ...
Jul 28, 2020 · Dr. Stella Immanuel is the Houston doctor who is advocating the use of hydroxychloroquine as a cure for coronavirus.Immanuel, 55, went viral after championing the use of the drug in front of the U ...
Jul 28, 2020 · Video Video related to dr. robert c. hamilton: 5 fast facts you need to know 2020-07-28T23:04:02-04:00 Hamilton also founded Lighthouse Medical Missions , which organizes short-term missions to ...