People also ask
Where is the cheapest place to live in California?
What are the most popular places in California?
What is the cheapest city in California?
What are the most beautiful places to live in California?
Nov 11, 2020 · Ranking No. 142 on the overall Best Places to Live list, Fresno is located in the San Joaquin Valley, roughly a two-hour drive from the coast. Like many inland California metro areas, Fresno is...
- Devon Thorsby
- Sacramento. Affordability: 9 out of 10. Culture: 4 out of 10. Safety: 7 out of 10. Job market: 3 out of 10. Education: 4 out of 10. Biggest advantage: Affordability.
- San Jose. Affordability: 7 out of 10. Culture: 8 out of 10. Safety: 9 out of 10. Job market: 9 out of 10. Education: 7 out of 10. Biggest advantage: Job market/Safety.
- San Diego. Affordability: 6 out of 10. Culture: 8 out of 10. Safety: 9 out of 10. Job market: 7 out of 10. Education: 8 out of 10. Biggest advantage: Safety/Culture.
- Los Angeles. Affordability: 8 out of 10. Culture: 7 out of 10. Safety: 3 out of 10. Job market: 6 out of 10. Education: 5 out of 10. Biggest advantage: Affordability/Culture.
- San Francisco, CA. A beautiful region filled with iconic landmarks, independently owned businesses and trendsetting residents, San Francisco has long fo… more.
- San Jose, CA. Nicknamed the capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is a diverse area with an innovative spirit. While it has a distinct downtown, San … more.
- San Diego, CA. San Diego residents recognize how fortunate they are to live in an area famous for its sunny weather and impressive beaches.
- Sacramento, CA. Many people think Sacramento's best attribute is that it's located a few hours from exciting destinations like San Francisco and Lake… more.
- Ocean Park. Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA. 9 reviews. #1 Best Places to Live in California. Current Resident: Ocean park is a safe neighborhood that caters to anyone and everyone, including families and students.
- City Center. Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA. 2 reviews. #2 Best Places to Live in California. Niche User: I love living in this area, a lot of things to do and very accessible to many things.
- Mid-City. Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA. 15 reviews. #3 Best Places to Live in California. Niche User: Santa Monica is an amazing city. Theres a lot of fun things to do there.
- University South. Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA. 2 reviews. #4 Best Places to Live in California. Niche User: Palo Alto is a healthy and beautiful city to reside in.
Looks like the best place to live in California for 2020 goes to Los Altos. Right in the heart of Silicon Valley, this city combines all the great things of San Francisco, without all the negatives.
Larkspur, California is the best place to call home in the entire state! We have a great community full of friendly people. There are several different things to do here, the weather is spectacular, and… [read more] View nearby homes See details
- San Diego. California is one of the most culturally diverse states in America, and few capture that better than San Diego. This is the largest city in California after L.A., with a population of 1.35 million.
- Irvine. Irvine is one of the smaller cities in California, boasting a population of 240,000 people. But you will be hard pressed to find any city, large or small, with such an impressive CV as this.
- Palo Alto. Palo Alto is considered the ‘Birthplace of Silicon Valley’, and dozens of high-tech companies call the city home. This is the seat of Stanford University, and these two facts alone should give you a rough idea as to what type of place this is.
- Mountain View. You may recognise Mountain View as the seat of one of the most recognisable tech brands in the world, Google. The town of slightly less than 80,000 residents is located in San Jose, the largest city in Northern California which is Silicon Valley’s economic, political, and cultural epicenter.
- Fremont. Fremont is one of the most popular places to call home in the San Francisco Bay Area – and we can certainly see why. With its friendly, healthy and affluent residents, this highly sought after community was recently named the number one happiest place to live in America by WalletHub, and the 11th best city in America for job seekers by NerdWallet.
- Irvine. Located in California’s Orange County, the affluent city of Irvine is known for its booming job market, family-friendly atmosphere, safe environment and beautiful weather.
- Los Angeles. A city for dreamers, this sprawling Southern California metropolis offers something for everyone. From the Hollywood Walk of Fame to numerous iconic Hollywood production studios, Los Angeles is also the center of the United States’ booming film and entertainment industry.
- Mill Valley. Located 14 miles north of San Francisco, Mill Valley is considered “exceptionally livable” by AreaVibes due to its A+ amenities, stable housing market and low crime rates.