The Best No Wave Bands/Artists
www.ranker.com/list/no-wave-bands-and-musicians/reference#:~:text= The Best No Wave Bands/Artists 1,19 24 10 10 Stick Men 20 25 9 10 Von Lmo More
- 1 22 4 Cristina
- 2 23 6 Lizzy Mercier Descloux
- 3 23 6 ESG
- 4 19 4 Diamanda Galás More Diamanda Galás
- 278 of 298 The Best Frontmen in Rock
- 224 of 276 The Best Progressive Rock...
- 5 25 17 Lydia Lunch
- 6 26 20 DNA
- 7 21 15 Mars
- 8 14 6 Konk
People also ask
What is no wave music?
What is the story of no wave?
Who are some famous no wave artists?
Is Vega a no wave artist?
Jun 14, 2019 · The Best No Wave Bands/Artists 1 22 4 Cristina 2 23 6 Lizzy Mercier Descloux 3 23 6 ESG 4 19 4 Diamanda Galás More Diamanda Galás #278 of 298 The Best Frontmen in Rock #224 of 276 The Best Progressive Rock... 5 25 17 Lydia Lunch 6 26 20 DNA 7 21 15 Mars 8 14 6 Konk 9 25 21 Swans More Swans #1002 of ...
- James Chance and the Contortions. James Chance is a saxophonist, keyboardist and singer from Wisconsin, and a key figure...
- Teenage Jesus and the Jerks. Teenage Jesus and the Jerks formed in New York City and helped to create the no wave...
- Glenn Branca and the Theoretical Girls. Next on our list is Glenn Branca. Branca was an...
- 5 Albums to Get You Into NO WAVEyoutube.com
- The History & Importance Of The No Wave Music Movement - Music Schoolyoutube.com
- Theoretical Girls - Computer Datingyoutube.com
- Alternative 80's New Wave - Mixtape Vol.19youtube.com
With its assaultive artiness and theatrical angst, no wave was as much performance art as it was music. Two of no wave's central figures were vocalist/guitarist Lydia Lunch and saxophonist James Chance, who performed together in Teenage Jesus and the Jerks; Lunch went on to a long solo career, and Chance formed an innovative no wave/funk outfit called the Contortions.
The Theoretical Girls were among the most enigmatic of the late '70s New York no wave bands, famous not so much for their music, since they released only one single during their brief existence, but because the group launched the careers of two of New York's best known experimental music figures, composer Glenn Branca and producer Wharton Tiers.
Oct 23, 2012 · The Best No Wave Albums of All Time. View reviews, ratings, news & more regarding your favorite band.
No Wave was a short-lived, avant-garde offshoot of '70s punk, based almost entirely in New York City's Lower East Side from about 1978-1982. Like the post-punk movement that was primarily centered in Britain, no wave drew from the artier side of punk -- but where British post-punk was mostly cold and despairing, no wave was harsh, abrasive, and aggressively confrontational.
- Ash Code • Italy, founded in 2013.
- She Past Away • Turkey, founded in 2006. ‘She Past Away’ is a band from Turkey described as the “new dark-wave” in articles and reviews throughout the world.
- Light Asylum • USA, founded in 2010.
- Noir • USA, founded in 2013. Athan Maroulis conceptualized ‘Noir’ as a project that would musically bridge together his Industrial and Gothic past into a very moody electronic present utilizing elements of dance, dark ambient, synth-laced hooks along with touches of glitch and EBM.
Mar 10, 2014 · The no wave bands took all of the Lower East Side’s sucking emptiness, its lawlessness, its traumas, violence and dread, its funny tragedies, its broken psychogeography, and all the inertia of ...