- Greater Sacramento straddles two key regions of California, the Central Valley and the Sierra Nevada mountains and is overlapped by the cultural influences of three areas, the Bay Area, Eastern California and Northern California.
People also ask
What cities are around Sacramento?
What are the major freeways in Sacramento?
What are the best attractions in Sacramento?
What is the worst neighborhood to live in Sacramento?
The Greater Sacramento area, or officially Sacramento–Roseville, CA Combined Statistical Area, is a combined statistical area consisting of several metropolitan statistical areas and seven counties in Northern California, namely Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, Placer, Sutter, Yuba, and Nevada counties.
- Davis. Suburb of Sacramento, CA. 335 reviews. #1 Best Suburbs to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Live and work in Davis, this lovely quintessential college town!
- Folsom. Town in California. 102 reviews. #2 Best Suburbs to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Folsom CA is a wonderful town to live in! Set just before the foothills, it is a fantastic place to reside or vacation.
- Gold River. Suburb of Sacramento, CA. 46 reviews. #3 Best Suburbs to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Gold River is a great place for families and a great place to spend time.
- El Dorado Hills. Suburb of Sacramento, CA. 143 reviews. #4 Best Suburbs to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Moving from the Bay Area (Santa Clara) 4 years ago we did a ton of research on areas near Folsom Lake.
Like all of the others in our top 10, it’s an ideal place to live with a quick commute to Sacramento for work (25 minutes on average), but unique to Folsom are things like the Folsom Lake State Recreation area, a vast park for hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, and even horseback riding, and the postcard-worthy historical district, dotted ...
- Natalie Grigson
Local towns near Sacramento, CA. This is a list of smaller local towns that surround Sacramento, CA. If you're planning a road trip or exploring the local area, make sure you check out some of these places to get a feel for the surrounding community. You can also search for cities 100 miles from Sacramento, CA (or 50 miles or 30 miles).
Home to the University of California Davis campus, Davis earns the fifth place spot on our list of the best cities near Sacramento for families. Spacious ranch and craftsman style homes are common. Enjoy the playground, children’s summer camp, and sports fields at Davis Community Park, or the courts, fields, playground, and picnic areas at ...
Jan 26, 2010 · Sacramento Area Map Posted by Sacramento Real Estate Voice on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM By Sacramento Real Estate Voice / January 26, 2010 Comment Post a Comment
The movers and shakers in Sacramento are drawn to Midtown for its energy and vibe. Comprised of residential and retail areas within a 13 by 22 block area near the state capitol, it’s where all the cool kids hang out. With hip restaurants, cafes and wine bars, it’s the place to be if you’re looking for nightlife and fine dining.
- Broadstone. Neighborhood in Folsom, CA. 21 reviews. #1 Best Places to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Quiet, friendly and very safe neighborhood. Excellent schools, trails, parks and and beautiful scenery.
- Lexington Hills/The Parkway. Neighborhood in Folsom, CA. 9 reviews. #2 Best Places to Live in Sacramento Area. Niche User: This is very safe area, especially near my home.
- Davis. Suburb of Sacramento, CA. 334 reviews. #3 Best Places to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Live and work in Davis, this lovely quintessential college town!
- Boulevard Park. Neighborhood in Sacramento, CA. 36 reviews. #4 Best Places to Live in Sacramento Area. Current Resident: Beautiful neighborhood close to restaurants, Coffee shops, & parks.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Sacramento, California on Tripadvisor: See 17,145 traveler reviews and photos of Sacramento tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. We have reviews of the best places to see in Sacramento. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Jan 12, 2020 · Sacramento’s neighborhoods conjure up too many stereotypes to count. You’ve got hipster areas, preppy places, neighborhoods where college kids thrive, and of course, ghettos. It seems as if there’s a neighborhood for everyone in Sacramento .