- Dubstep, to us, sounds more like a powered-on vibrator in a blender full of pennies, or a Roomba orgy hosted in a dryer.
People also ask
What is dubstep music?
What is post dubstep?
What is bass drop in dubstep?
What is filthstep dubstep?
Oct 06, 2015 · What is dubstep? "The music that is made when transformers have sex" (Urban Dictionary) is a good start, but it's a description that only scratches the surface of the elusive genre. Dubstep, to us, sounds more like a powered-on vibrator in a blender full of pennies, or a Roomba orgy hosted in a dryer. We're poetic like that.
Sooooo, I asked my friends in my Media class: "What does dubstep sound like?"Here's what they said. (more or less)
- 1 min
- Ginger Root
Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London in the late 1990s. It is generally characterised by sparse, syncopated rhythmic patterns with prominent sub-bass frequencies.
Dubstep is a subcategory of electronic dance music, or EDM, an umbrella term for music made with computers and intended to be broadcast over nightclub sound systems. A lot of the music we listen to can play easily in many different types of environments, whether it's on a car stereo, an MP3 player or even tinny computer speakers.
Nov 19, 2011 · To you, it sounds like: (choose all that apply) A.) Ear rape B.) Techno music on steroids C.) Too much WIN to handle D.) A waste of life BQ: To your parents, it sounds like: (choose all that apply) A.) Wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub B.) Something that doesn't make sense C.) Hipster music D.) Toilet sound (Hank Hill, anyone?) E.) All of the above BQ2: Do you like Dubstep music?
- Classic Dubstep. This is what it feels like the first time you hear dubstep. It'll most likely be of the classic style and it'll be like nothing you've ever heard before.
- Filthstep. Filthstep is the lo-fi, Super Nintendo cousin of Dubstep. It's somewhere between Nerdcore and Seattle garage band music. It sounds like a 5th generation copy of a cassette tape half the time.
- Wobblestep. Wobblestep focuses on the wobble aspect of Dubstep. The wobble is the heavy synthesizer bass line with smooth pitch bends that drives the low-end of the frequency spectrum.
- Glitchstep. One of my personal favorites, Glitchstep puts the fancy drum patterns and wobbles in the background and really spends its time focused on the glitches.
Download FREE Dubstep sounds - royalty-free! Find the Dubstep sound you are looking for in seconds.
- Lights - Ellie Goulding (Bassnectar Remix) Before it became a mainstay in the EDM world, Ellie Goulding included the Bassnectar re-work of her track "Lights" on a remix EP dedicated to the single.
- "Still Getting It" - Foreign Beggars ft. Skrillex. When Foreign Beggars joined forces with Skrillex for their track "Scatta" on Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, the dubstep world immediately knew this pairing was lethal.
- "Sweet Shop" - Doctor P. From the moment the signature piano from the beginning of "Sweet Shop" plays, listeners are instantly sent back to the days of arguing over the word "brostep" on YouTube.
- "Cracks" - Freestylers (Flux Pavilion Remix) Speaking of Circus Records, it would be hard to make this list without including at least one Flux Pavilion song.