Infectious diseases, also known as infectiology, is a medical specialty dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of complex infections. An infectious disease specialist's practice consists of managing nosocomial (healthcare-acquired) infections or community-acquired infections and is historically associated with travel medicine and tropical medicine
- Infectious disease specialist, Infectiologist, Infectionist
- Glossary of medicine
- 3 answers
They are called infectious disease specialists in the US, and they can be in private practice or affiliated with a teaching and/or research facility. The diagnose and treat infections, as when somebody comes back from the tropics orr the...
- 4 answers
I think this has been asked before. He has a speciality in Internal Medicine, a sub-speciality in Nephrology and Infectology. No, there's no medical specialty such as "Diagnostitian" Cameron is a Rheumatologist, Foreman a Neurologist and...
- 3 answers
Jan 16, 2008 · What is a doctor in Infectology?? Please can you tell me if Infectology is teached at any med school, and also where can a doctor in infectology work? can they have a private practice or just at a hospital or research center??
A study evaluated the care of patients with AIDS in Brazil, emphasizing the heterogeneity of health care assistance and infrastructure, even though there are medication availability, clinical follow up exams, as well as infectology specialized physician in most services (44).
Infectology. Infectology. ... In addition to the specific laboratory tests may be conducted a number of research tools, if the doctor there was such a need. For ...
Doctor nearby INFECTOLOGY Ltd. opening times. Doctor opening hours, contacts, reviews
Aug 12, 2017 · An infectious disease doctor is a physician who specialises in the various infections that can affect the human body. An infectious disease doctor may also be known as an ID physician. There is a great deal of overlap with microbiologists who specialise in infections as well, although ID physicians tend to focus more clinically.
Cleveland Clinic Florida Department of Infectious Diseases treats patients exposed to infectious diseases and treats patients who contract infections as a result of organ transplants or other surgical procedures.
Healthgrades can help you find the best Endocrinology, Diabetes And Metabolism Doctors in Jacksonville, FL. Find ratings, reviews for top doctors and hospitals in your area.
- Statistics. In infectology – founded by Robert Koch himself – a traditional distinction is made between infection and disease. An illness requires a clinical manifestation.
- Threat. A number of coronaviruses have been circulating for a long time – largely unnoticed by the media.  If it should turn out that the COVID-19 virus should not be ascribed a significantly higher risk potential than the already circulating corona viruses, all countermeasures would obviously become unnecessary.
- Dissemination. According to a report in the Süddeutsche Zeitung, not even the much-cited Robert Koch Institute knows exactly how much is tested for COVID-19.
- Mortality. The fear of a rise in the death rate in Germany (currently 0.55 percent) is currently the subject of particularly intense media attention. Many people are worried that it could shoot up like in Italy (10 percent) and Spain (7 percent) if action is not taken in time.
Infectology is the science and study of conditions that are caused by an invasion of the human body by pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi that then multiply and cause damage to the organism.