- Take a Carriage Ride. To get yourself acquainted with the town and kick things off in an old-fashioned and nostalgic way, take a carriage ride through Jefferson with your sweetheart or family.
- Visit the Jefferson General Store. Another fun way to take a step back in time is to visit the Jefferson General Store. This local store dates back to the 1860s and was owned by the same family for many years.
- Browse exhibits in Jefferson Historical Museum. Many first-time visitors to Jefferson like to start their exploration of the town at the Jefferson Historical Museum.
- Go Boating at Lake O’ the Pines. A great way to experience the outdoors and nature of Northeastern Texas is to visit the Big Cypress Bayou reservoir of Lake O’ the Pines.
Jefferson Tourism: Tripadvisor has 351 reviews of Jefferson Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Jefferson resource.
People also ask
What to do in Jefferson?
What are the best places to visit in Jefferson?
What is the population of Jefferson Texas?
When was jefferson ordnance magazine built?
Types of things to do in Jefferson. Shopping (14) Sights & Landmarks (7) Tours (5) Outdoor Activities (5) Museums (3) Boat Tours & Water Sports (2) Nature & Parks (2) Traveler Resources (1) Zoos & Aquariums (1) Spas & Wellness (1)
Golf Courses in Jefferson Hiking Trails in Jefferson Kayaking & Canoeing in Jefferson River Rafting & Tubing in Jefferson Other Outdoor Activities in Jefferson. Mountains in Jefferson State Parks in Jefferson Hiking Trails in Jefferson Bodies of Water in Jefferson. History Museums in Jefferson.
- Jefferson Historical Museum. The Jefferson Historical Museum resides in the 1888 stately red brick building that once served as the Jefferson Post Office and the Federal Courthouse.
- The Grove, Jefferson, Texas. The Grove is a historical house and private residence in Jefferson that was built in 1861 in the Greek Revival architectural style.
- Jefferson Ordnance Magazine. The Jefferson Ordnance Magazine, built in 1863, is a brick structure and part of a network of sites for transporting ammunition downriver during the Confederate war effort in the American Civil War.
- Caddo Lake State Park, Jefferson, Texas. Caddo Lake State Park is a wilderness of swamps and bayous amongst cypress trees hung with Spanish moss. The State Park is located 13 miles southeast of Jefferson near the town of Karnack.
Whether seeking a fun night out with friends or creating colorful memories with family, numerous venues offer live music, painting classes, comedy shows and more. Attractions Shopping Arts & Entertainment Recreation & Outdoors Biking Jefferson City.
Marvel at the broad's Infinity Mirrored Rooms . Among the free museums in L.A. is The Broad.To celebrate its fifth anniversary this year, the museum is showcasing nearly 2,000 pieces of art that have influenced art history since the mid-20th century—and you can view it all for free.
Jan 09, 2021 · The Bullock Texas State History Museum details the social and cultural history of the state of Texas, opened to the public in April of 2001. The non-collecting museum showcases a variety of rotating exhibits and artifacts on loan from other museums, with three floors of exhibits arranged around the concepts of "land," "identity," and "opportunity" and how they relate to the story of Texas ...
Jun 20, 2020 · 23 Best Free Things to Do in Los Angeles Year Round. By VI Staff on June 20, 2020 - Updated. Courtesy of Javen - Fotolia.com. ... Tyler, Jefferson, Farg, WY ...