Charlotte in 10 dishes: These are the ones you have to eat | Charlotte Observer
- Gizzards: Price’s Chicken Coop. You can get great fried chicken at a lot of places, even at a certain gas station. ...
- Cheesecake: Dressler’s. How many times have you seen “Mom’s” on a restaurant menu? ...
- Cheese spread: Beef & Bottle (pictured at top). ...
- She-crab soup: Eddie’s Place. ...
- Hush puppies with sweet tea butter: Haberdish. ...
People also ask
What are the best restaurants in Charlotte NC?
Where to eat Thanksgiving dinner in Charlotte?
What is the best seafood restaurant in Charlotte NC?
What do you do in Charlotte North Carolina?
Best Dining in Charlotte, North Carolina: See 96,909 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 2,619 Charlotte restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more.
#19 of 2,620 Places to Eat in Charlotte. Tripadvisor (407) $ - $$ | American. 4736 Sharon Rd Sharon Corners Shopping Center, Charlotte, NC 28210-3328.
Eat & Drink In a city of tastemakers, chefs, mixologists and brewers work daily to move Charlotte’s gastronomical needle forward. It’s in the dishes and drinks that you’ll find the Queen City's incomparable flavor.
- “Where do you want to eat tonight?” After a busy year for Charlotte’s restaurant scene, this question got even more challenging. It can be overwhelming to keep up with the dozens of restaurants opening every month.
- No. 20: Halcyon, Flavors from the Earth. $$$ | Refined restaurant that’s obsessed with local ingredients. Located inside the Mint Museum Uptown, Halcyon is an upscale restaurant with an approachable, Southern-leaning menu and a view over Second Ward.
- No. 19: Beef ‘N Bottle. $$$$ | Old-school steakhouse. A Charlotte staple since 1958, Beef ‘N Bottle hasn’t changed much over the years. Inside, the South Boulevard restaurant is dark and cozy with wood paneling and decades-old photographs on the walls.
- No. 18: Haymaker. $$$ | Farm-focused restaurant led by Chef William Dissen. Compared to Chef Dissen’s acclaimed Asheville restaurant, The Market Place, Haymaker is more upscale and trendy, fitting for Uptown.
Mar 05, 2020 · Touted on Instagram as Charlotte’s best new burger, the Ace burger comes simply topped with pickles, onions, American cheese and comeback sauce. The rest of the menu is just as minimalist with shakes, fries, and boozies (alcoholic milkshakes).
Dec 22, 2019 · With North Carolina pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, and dry or sauced ribs, there’s a ’cue for everyone—and traditional sides to pair. The restaurant has a number of Charlotte locations including Ballantyne and Park Road Shopping Center, but the Plaza Midwood spot is its flagship post. Intermezzo 1427 E. 10th St. 704-347-2626
The Charlotte list needs to be about Charlotte, about what this place is, what it was and what it’s becoming. If we made a list of the 10 most Charlotte dishes 10 years ago or 10 years from now ...
Jan 11, 2019 · 7 Salads in Charlotte To Eat During the Romaine Crisis; 4. YUME Ramen Sushi & Bar. Copy Link. 1508 S Mint St suite A Charlotte, NC 28203 (980) 858-5678 (980) 858-5678.
- Lamb and beef gyro at Little Village Grill, $4.99. When I asked our Instagram followers to share their favorite place for cheap eats in Charlotte, Little Village Grill was the No. 1 suggestion.
- Asada tacos at Tacos El Nevado, $2 each. The real thing. Many dishes at Tacos El Nevado originate from Oaxaca — a state and city in Mexico that is known for its food.
- Burger at What the Fries, $6. Chefs Jamie Barnes and Greg Williams are behind this crazy popular food truck. They’re known for their loaded fries, but the burger is a good deal at $6.
- Pig Mac at Papi Queso, $10. One of Charlotte’s most popular food trucks is now a food stall in Optimist Hall. Its grilled cheese menu includes the Pig Mac with slow-smoked Cheshire pork, mac and cheese, and caramelized onions for $10.
Of them, Price’s in Charlotte has reached classic status, due in part to a long-held secret ingredient: a proprietary marinade that adds flavor and juiciness. Cooks fry the chicken (and fish ...