Dec 25, 2013 · A spirit of a recent dead man hunts down nine persons and tries to kill them after the victims ignored some superstitions during his wake. One of it being that no one should go home directly after visiting a wake so that the spirit of the dead will not follow. Written by cinesum.
- Frasco Mortiz
People also ask
What was the superstition in the movie pagpag?
When was pagpag created?
What is the superstition of Wake?
Who are the actors in the movie pagpag?
Pagpag: Nine Lives. 2013 | TV-14 | 1h 46m | Teen Screams. After ignoring superstitions, a group of teenagers find themselves in a fight for their lives when they are haunted — and hunted — by an evil spirit. Starring: Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo, Shaina Magdayao.
- Frasco Mortiz
The recent spirit of dead man. And hunts down the nine persons and also tries to kill each of them . After the victims ignored some superstitions during his night vigil . Yet, because it is one of the heritage superstitions of our ancestors, that no one shoud go home directly after visiting the a night vigil .
In common use, pagpag means the act of shaking off dust or dirt. Pagpag is also a Filipino term for a superstition saying one can never go directly to one's home after attending a funeral unless they have done the pagpag. This practice is observed to avoid the following of the dead's soul to the home of the visitor of the wake.
Pagpag: Nine Lives 2013 | 16+ | 1h 46m | Filipino Movies After ignoring superstitions, a group of teenagers find themselves in a fight for their lives when they are haunted — and hunted — by an evil spirit.
- Frasco Mortiz
- The number of steps of staircases at home should not be divisible by three. Enter a Filipino household with a staircase and begin chanting “Oro (gold), plata (silver), mata (death)”, taking one step up with each word.
- Turn your plate when someone leaves in the middle of a meal. When sitting at the dining table for a meal and someone gets up to leave before the rest of the group finishes, everybody left at the table should turn their plates to ensure safe travels for the person leaving.
- Don’t go straight home after attending a wake. This superstition is called “pagpag” (the shaking off of dirt). In the context of a wake, it means going elsewhere after attending the wake before heading home to shake off the spirit of the deceased lest it follows you home.
- Reassure your host that you’re human. A very common line used by Filipinos when knocking on someone’s door is “Tao (person) po! “. Many assume it refers to the knocker calling out to ask if there are any people inside, when actually, it is said to stem from the knocker reassuring the people inside that s/he is a person and not a possibly harmful supernatural creature.
- Lily Grace Tabanera
- Pagpag: Nine Lives (2013) Netflix description: After ignoring superstitions, a group of teenagers find themselves in a fight for their lives when they are haunted—and hunted—by an evil spirit.
- Haunted Mansion (2015) Netflix description: On a school retreat at a haunted mansion, a student who can see evil spirits and her mischievous classmates learn that hunting for ghosts is not a game.
- Spirit Of The Glass 2: The Hunted (2017) Netflix description: When a trio of girls tinkers with an antique Ouija board, evil spirits use them to seek justice for a crime committed years prior.
- Aurora (2018) Netflix description: A fatal shipwreck spurs an islander innkeeper and her sister to recover the missing victims' bodies—until the dead come seeking shelter themselves.
Mar 30, 2014 - Directed by Frasco Mortiz. With Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo, Shaina Magdayao, Paulo Avelino. The spirit of a recently deceased man hunts down nine people who attended his wake in the Philippines, but ignored some important superstitions.
Pagpag: Siyam na Buhay is a 2013 Philippine supernatural horror film directed by Frasco S. Mortiz. The film was released on December 25, 2013 at the Metro Manila Film Festival and stars Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla with Paulo Avelino and Shaina Magdayao. The movie follows a group of teenagers that are terrorized by an evil spirit. The film revolves around the traditional Filipino belief that one should never go home directly after visiting a wake since it risks bringing evil spirits or th
- related to: What was the superstition in pagpag Nine Lives?