American actor and producer Harvey Keitel was born on May 13, 1939 in Brooklyn, New York City, to Miriam (Klein) and Harry Keitel. An Oscar and Golden Globe Award nominee, he has appeared in films such as Martin Scorsese 's Mean Streets (1973) and Taxi Driver (1976), Ridley Scott 's The Duellists (... 4.
- Ben Sherlock
- Robert De Niro. In the neck-and-neck race between Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio to determine who is Scorsese’s greatest collaborator, it had to be De Niro.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. Leonardo DiCaprio took the torch as Scorsese’s go-to guy when Robert De Niro started getting too old. He was actually recommended to Scorsese by De Niro.
- Harvey Keitel. It takes a minute to remember that Harvey Keitel is one of Martin Scorsese’s most frequent collaborators, because he plays an entirely different character in each one.
- Joe Pesci. Who else could win an Academy Award for playing a tough-as-nails gangster and get bested by an eight-year-old kid in a family-friendly Christmas slapstick comedy in the same year?
Actresses Who Have Worked With Martin Scorsese. 1. Juliette Lewis. Juliette Lewis has been recognized as one of Hollywood's most talented and versatile actors of her generation since she first stunned audiences and critics alike with her Oscar-nominated performance as "Danielle Bowden" in Cape Fear (1991).
Apr 20, 2021 · Not only did Robert De Niro go on to star as Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II the following year and become one of the most prolific actors of all time, but the performer has worked with Scorsese nine times.
Martin Charles Scorsese ( / skɔːrˈsɛsi /, Italian: [skorˈseːze; -eːse]; born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, and actor. One of the major figures of the New Hollywood era, he is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential directors in film history. Scorsese's body of work explores ...
People also ask
What makes Martin Scorsese such a good director?
What was the first movie Martin Scorsese made?
Who is Frank Vincent in Martin Scorsese movies?
What did Martin Scorsese say about rehearsing with actors?
Jan 08, 2021 · Martin Scorsese spends time with actors in extended, closed-door rehearsals so that when they come to shoot the scene, they're beyond prepared. As an actor, one no-brainer rule is to be ready for ...
Martin worked early in his career with the casting director Cis Corman, and since the 1990s he has developed a close working relationship with Ellen Lewis. He works well with Lewis because he knows he will connect with the actors she brings to him, since they have similar taste. Make sure your actors are onboard for your film.
- Get in front of the camera. Scorsese believes that a director should have experience acting themselves in order to understand how to effectively direct actors.
- Give actors freedom to try (and fail). Scorsese is clear that a film director should always allow their actors work with full freedom to make bold choices: “I guess the term director is misleading sometimes when it comes to actors...
- Shoot everything. A film set is a pressure filled environment, but Martin Scorsese advocates taking your time and making sure to film everything: “There are things I know don't work immediately but you shoot 'em.
- You and the actor must trust each other. Over the course of his long career, Scorsese has had the good fortune of working with some of the most experienced actors in Hollywood.
He has a better chance of attaining this if the actors come from a culture or lifestyle similar to that of their characters. When Martin first began making films, he had no choice but to work with non-actors, so continuing to do so remains natural for him. He has learned over the years that mixing non-actors with professional actors can help ...
- related to: Who are the actors that Martin Scorsese has worked with?
cyber-monday.us has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month