- By law, the following types of drivers don't need a commercial driver license ( CDL ): Farmers transporting farm equipment, supplies, or products * to or from a farm in a farm vehicle are exempt if the vehicle is: Operated by the farmer or a farm employee. Not used in the operation of a common or contract motor carrier.
People also ask
How big does a vehicle have to be to be exempt from CDL?
Are there any exemptions for military commercial drivers?
Can a farm vehicle be exempt from CDL?
Are there any exemptions to federal motor carrier safety regulations?
Dec 18, 2019 · A driver who qualifies for the “occasional use” exemption is not subject to the FMCSRs and is not required to use an ELD. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Note: Drivers must verify the licensing requirements in their home States. Scenario 1
By law, the following types of drivers don't need a commercial driver license (CDL): Farmers transporting farm equipment, supplies, or products * to or from a farm in a farm vehicle are exempt if the vehicle is: Operated by the farmer or a farm employee. Not used in the operation of a common or contract motor carrier.
49 CFR 383.3 (d) (2). Firefighters and other persons who operate commercial motor vehicles (49 CFR 390.5) which are necessary to the preservation of life or property or the execution of emergency governmental functions, are equipped with audible and visual signals and are not subject to normal traffic regulations.
§17E-1-8. Exemptions to the commercial driver's license requirements. (a) Bona fide farmers or farm vehicle drivers, as defined, operating a vehicle otherwise covered by the commercial driver's license requirements may . be exempted from the provisions of this article only if the vehicle used is: (1) Driven by a farmer or farm vehicle driver;
- Who must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL)? Anyone who drives a commercial motor vehicle. The definition of a commercial motor vehicle is: a combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds, provided the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds;
- Who must submit a self-certification form? Every driver who currently has a commercial driver’s license, as well as every driver applying for a commercial learner’s permit, must self-certify the type of driving in which they operate or expect to operate in i.e., Non-excepted Interstate; Non-excepted Intrastate; Excepted Interstate; or Excepted Intrastate.
- Are there any exemptions from the CDL program? Yes, the following persons are not required to obtain a CDL in order to drive a specified commercial motor vehicle
- What are the classes of commercial driver licenses? In accordance with the licensing requirements of the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act, the license classifications are