1986 ( MCMLXXXVI) was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1986th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 986th year of the 2nd millennium, the 86th year of the 20th century, and the 7th year of the 1980s decade. Calendar year.
The following is an overview of events in 1986 in film, including the highest-grossing films, award ceremonies and festivals, a list of films released and notable deaths. Contents 1 Highest-grossing films (U.S.)
- See Also
1. President: Ronald Reagan (R-California) 2. Vice President: George H. W. Bush (R-Texas) 3. Chief Justice: Warren E. Burger (Minnesota) (until September 26), William Rehnquist (Wisconsin) (starting September 26) 4. Speaker of the House of Representatives: Tip O'Neill (D-Massachusetts) 5. Senate Majority Leader: Bob Dole (R-Kansas) 6. Congress: 99th
1. January 12 – STS-61-C: Space Shuttle Columbia is launched with the first Hispanic-American astronaut, Dr. Franklin Chang Díaz. 2. January 20 – The first federal Martin Luther King Jr. Day, honoring Martin Luther King Jr., is observed. 3. January 23 – The first group of artists are inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which included Elvis Presley, James Brown, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke, the Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, and Jerry Lee Lewis. 4. J...
1. February 3 – Ed Catmull and Alvy Ray Smith found Pixar. 2. February 19 – After waiting 37 years, the United States Senate approves a treaty outlawing genocide. 3. February 25 – People Power Revolution: President Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines goes into exile in Hawaii after 20 years of rule; Corazon Aquino becomes the first Filipino woman president, first as an interim president. Salvador Laurelbecomes her Vice President. 4. February 27 – The United States Senateallows its debates to...
1. Halley's Comet reaches the closest point to the Earth during its second visit to the solar system in the 20th century. The next time it will be seen is predicted for 2061. 2. March 9 – United States Navy divers find the largely intact but heavily damaged crew compartment of the Space Shuttle Challenger; the bodies of all seven astronautsare still inside. 3. March 25 – The 58th Academy Awards are held in Los Angeles, California, with Out of Africa winning Best Picture. 4. March 26 – An arti...January 1 – Glen Davis, basketball playerJanuary 2 – Trombone Shorty, trumpet player and composerJanuary 4 – Steve Slaton, American football playerJanuary 5 – J. P. Arencibia, baseball playerJanuary 24 – L. Ron Hubbard, science fiction author, founder of Scientology (b. 1911)January 28 – crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger on mission STS-51-L:
January 24 – Mischa Barton, English-born American actressJanuary 24 – Ricky Ullman, Israeli-born American actorFebruary 1 – Johan Vonlanthen, Swiss footballerFebruary 19 – Maria Mena, Norwegian singerJanuary 1 – Alfredo Binda, Italian cyclist (b. 1902)January 4 - Phil Lynott, Irish bass guitarist (Thin Lizzy) (b. 1949)January 8 – Pierre Fournier, French cellist (b. 1906)January 14 – Donna Reed, American actress (b. 1921)January 1 – Spain and Portugal enter the European CommunityJanuary 1 – Aruba gains increased autonomy from the Netherlands and is separated from the Netherlands Antilles.January 9 – After losing a patent battle with Polaroid, Kodakleaves the instant camera business.January 12 – Space Shuttle Columbia is launched with the first Hispanic-American astronaut, Dr. Franklin R. Chang-Diaz."Stimulation – Wa Wa Nee"You're The Voice" – John Farnham #1"No Lies" – Noiseworks"Funkytown" – Psudeo Echo #1Extinction – Thomas BernhardThe Bourne Supremacy – Robert LudlumThe Bridge – Iain BanksCadillac Desert – Marc Reisner
- Movies Released
- Hit Songs
- New Books
January 30 – The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, holds its first induction ceremony with many rock pioneers attending.March 8 - For almost a year, Houston's debut album top the charts and remained for 7 weeks and another on May 17.May 3 – The 31st Eurovision Song Contest, held in Bergen, Norway, is won by Belgium with the song "J'aime la vie", performed by Sandra Kim. At 13 years old, Kim is the youngest-ever Eurovision winner."All I Ask of You" w.m. Andrew Lloyd Webber"Crush On You" w.m. Jerry Knight & Aaron Zigman"I Used To Be An Animal, But I'm Alright Now" w.m. Eric Burdon"The Lady in Red" w.m. Chris de BurghHarrison Birtwistle's opera The Mask of Orpheusis premiered in London, UK on May 21Rudolf Brucci – GilgameshLorenzo Ferrero's opera Salvatore Giuliano is premiered at the Teatro dell'Opera di Romaon January 25January 2 – Trombone Shorty, American trumpet and trombone playerJanuary 3 – Lloyd Polite, American singer (N-Toon)January 5 — Teppei Koike, Japanese singer and actorJanuary 4 – Phil Lynott, bassist/singer and co-founder of Thin Lizzy, 36 (heart failure & pneumonia)January 6 – Joe Farrell, jazz saxophonist, 48 (bone cancer)January 8 – Pierre Fournier, cellist, 79February 2 – Francisco Mignone, composer, 88
- Specific Locations
- Specific Genres
- Published Popular Music
- Classical Music
- Musical Theater
- Musical Films
Long yia 1986 This page was last edited on 8 Mas 2013, at 14:06. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may ...
People also ask
What important events happened in 1986?
What was going on in 1986?
What ended in 1986?
What happened in 1986 in America?
Billboard magazine each year releases a Year-End chart of the most popular songs across all genres called the Hot 100 songs of the year. This is the year-end Hot 100 songs of 1986.
The 1986 FBI Miami shootout was a gunfight that occurred on April 11, 1986, in a then-unincorporated region of Dade County, Florida (incorporated as Pinecrest in 1996) between eight FBI agents and two serial bank robbers and murderers. During the firefight, FBI Special Agents Jerry L. Dove and Benjamin P. Grogan were killed, while five other ...
- Premii Nobel
- Medalia Fields
1. 1 ianuarie: Spania și Portugalia intră în Comunitatea Europeană, care mai târziu va deveni Uniunea Europeană. 2. 24 ianuarie: Are loc prima survolare a planetei Uranus cu nava spațială Voyager 2. 3. 28 ianuarie: Catastrofa navetei spațiale "Challenger", a cărei explozie, la 75 secunde de la lansare, a provocat moartea celor 7 astronauți aflați la bord.
1. 20 februarie: A fost plasat pe orbită primul element al stației orbitale rusești, MIR. 2. 28 februarie: S-a semnat Actul Unic European.
1. 21 martie: Un grav accident produs la mina din Vulcan, ca urmare a unei explozii de gaze în subteran, a provocat moartea a 17 persoane și rănirea altor două.
1. 1 ianuarie: Dinu Regman, 28 ani, poet român (n. 1957) 2. 7 ianuarie: Juan Rulfo, 68 ani, scriitor mexican (n. 1917) 3. 12 ianuarie: Marcel Arland, 86 ani, scriitor francez (n. 1899) 4. 16 ianuarie: Jean Cassou, 89 ani, scriitor francez (n. 1897) 5. 28 ianuarie: Sharon Christa Corrigan McAuliffe, 37 ani, astronaut american (naveta spațială Challenger) (n. 1948) 6. 28 ianuarie: Gregory Bruce Jarvis, 41 ani, astronaut american (naveta spațială Challenger) (n. 1944) 7. 28 ianuarie: Ronald McNa...
1. 3 februarie: Liviu Oros, 54 ani, actor român (n. 1931) 2. 5 februarie: Grigore Băjenaru (Grigore Popescu-Băjenaru), 79 ani, scriitor român (n. 1907) 3. 11 februarie: Iulian Vesper, 77 ani, scriitor român (n. 1908) 4. 11 februarie: Frank Herbert (Frank Patrick Herbert), 65 ani, scriitor american (n. 1920) 5. 17 februarie: Dimitrie Știubei, 84 ani, pictor român (n. 1901) 6. 17 februarie: Jiddu Krishnamurti, 90 ani, filosof și învățător spiritual indian (n. 1895) 7. 19 februarie: Adolfo Celi,...
1. 4 martie: Ding Ling (n. Jiǎng Bīngzhī), 82 ani, scriitoare chineză (n. 1904) 2. 6 martie: Georgia O'Keeffe (Georgia Totto O'Keeffe), 98 ani, pictoriță americană (n. 1887) 3. 15 martie: Alexandru Giugaru, 88 ani, actor român (n. 1897) 4. 15 martie: Pandelis Prevelakis, 77 ani, scriitor grec (n. 1909) 5. 18 martie: Vasile Pogăceanu, 81 ani, diplomat român (n. 1905)Fizică: Ernst Ruska, Gerd Binnig (Germania), Heinrich Rohrer(Elveția)Chimie: Dudley R. Herschbach, Yuan T. Lee (SUA), John C. Polanyi(Canada)Medicină: Stanley Cohen (SUA), Rita Levi-Montalcini(Italia)Literatură: Wole Soyinka(Nigeria)
- 142 / 143
- 1435, ԹՎ ՌՆԼԵ
- 1392 / 1393