Bakersfield is a charter city in Kern County, California, United States. It is the county seat and largest city of Kern County. The city covers about 151 sq mi (390 km 2) near the southern end of the San Joaquin Valley and the Central Valley region.
Archaeological evidence indicates the presence of Native...
Bakersfield lies near the southern "horseshoe" end of the...
Bakersfield's historic and primary industries have related...
- Arts and culture
Many of Bakersfield's oldest and most historic restaurants...
The location of Bakersfield in Kern County. Bakersfield is a large city in the state of California, in the United States. It the county seat of Kern County, in the southern part of the Central Valley. In the 2010 census, 347,483 people lived there.
California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB, Cal State Bakersfield, or CSU Bakersfield) is a public university in Bakersfield, California. It was authorized in 1965 and officially founded in 1971 on a 375-acre (152 ha) campus, becoming the 19th school in the 23-campus California State University system.
- Blue and Gold
- 10,493 (between both Bakersfield and CSUB, AV campus) (Fall 2018)
- Lynnette Zelezny
- Suburban, 375 acres (152 ha)
The following is a timeline of the history of the city of Bakersfield, California, USA. This is a dynamic list and may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.
People also ask
What are some interesting facts about Bakersfield, CA?
What do people do for a living in Bakersfield CA?
How did Bakersfield, California get its name?
What is Bakersfield, California known for?
An Bakersfield in usa ka syudad han California, Estados Unidos. An Wikimedia Commons mayda media nga nahahanungod han: Bakersfield, California
- Mga taga California ·, Kultura ·, Krimen ·, Demograpiko ·, Ekonomiya ·, Pag-aram ·, Politika
- Bakersfield ·, Chico ·, El Centro ·, Fresno ·, Hanford–Corcoran ·, Los Angeles–Long Beach–Glendale ·, Madera ·, Modesto ·, Merced ·, Napa ·, Oakland–Fremont–Hayward ·, Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura ·, Redding ·, Riverside–San Bernardino–Ontario ·, Sacramento–Arden Arcade–Roseville ·, Salinas ·, San Diego–Carlsbad–San Marcos ·, San Francisco–San Mateo–Redwood City ·, San Jose–Sunnyvale–Santa Clara ·, San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles ·, Santa Ana–Anaheim–Irvine ·, Santa Barbara–Santa Maria–Goleta ·, Santa Cruz–Watsonville ·, Santa Rosa–Petaluma ·, Stockton ·, Vallejo–Fairfield ·, Visalia–Porterville ·, Yuba City
- Klima ·, Mga delegasyon ·, Mga desyerto ·, Mga distrito ·, Ecolohiya ·, Mga piniliay ·, Kalikopan ·, Heyograpiya ·, Kagamhanan ·, Kaagi ·, Mga pinaliporan nga mga lugar ·, Paugnat-ha-kusog ·, Mga tigaman ·, Panakayan ·, Mga pan-anyag hin dumuruaw ·, Index of California-related articles
- Antelope Valley ·, Big Sur ·, Cascade Range ·, Central California ·, Central Coast ·, Central Valley ·, Channel Islands ·, Coachella Valley ·, Conejo Valley ·, Cucamonga Valley ·, Death Valley ·, East Bay (SF) ·, East County (SD) ·, Eastern California ·, Emerald Triangle ·, Gold Country ·, Great Basin ·, Greater Los Angeles ·, Greater Sacramento ·, Inland Empire ·, Lake Tahoe ·, Los Angeles Basin ·, Lost Coast ·, Metropolitan Fresno ·, Mojave ·, Mountain Empire ·, North Bay (SF) ·, North Coast ·, North County (SD) ·, Northern California ·, Owens Valley ·, Oxnard Plain ·, San Francisco Peninsula ·, Pomona Valley ·, Sacramento Valley ·, San Bernardino Valley ·, San Diego–Tijuana ·, San Fernando Valley ·, San Francisco Bay Area ·, San Gabriel Valley ·, San Joaquin Valley ·, Santa Clara Valley ·, Santa Clara River Valley ·, Santa Clarita Valley ·, Shasta Cascade ·, Sierra Nevada ·, Silicon Valley ·, South Bay (LA) ·, South Bay (SF) ·, South Bay (SD) ·, South Coast ·, Southern California ·, Southern Border Region ·, Tri-Valley ·, Upstate California ·, Victor Valley ·, Wine Country ·, Yosemite
The Bakersfield Californian is an independent, family-owned newspaper. It is the direct descendant of Kern County's first newspaper, The Weekly Courier, which was first published on August 18, 1866, in Havilah, California. At that time, Havilah, a small mining town about 50 miles northeast of the present site of Bakersfield, was the center of the 1864 gold rush, which brought the first major population influx to Kern County.
Kern County is a county in the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, the population was 839,631. Its county seat is Bakersfield. Kern County comprises the Bakersfield, California, Metropolitan statistical area. The county spans the southern end of the Central Valley.
Bakersfield je grad u američkoj saveznoj državi Kalifornija. Po popisu stanovništva iz 2010. u njemu je živelo 347.483 stanovnika. Po popisu stanovništva iz 2010. u njemu je živelo 347.483 stanovnika.