- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ceftriaxone, sold under the brand name Rocephin, is an antibiotic used for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections.
People also ask
How to reconstitute Rocephin im?
What conditions does Rocephin vial treat?
What generation is ceftriaxone?
Does alcohol interact with Rocephin?
Ceftriaxone, sold under the brand name Rocephin, is an antibiotic used for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections. These include middle ear infections, endocarditis, meningitis, pneumonia, bone and joint infections, intra-abdominal infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, and pelvic inflammatory disease.
- AU: B1, US: B (No risk in non-human studies)
- Rocephin, Epicephin, Wintriaxone, others
ceftriaxone (uncountable) ( pharmacology ) A synthetic cephalosporin antibiotic 2015 July 24, Fidelis Agwu Onu et al., “Profile and microbiological isolates of asymptomatic bacteriuria among pregnant women in Abakaliki, Nigeria”, in Infection and Drug Resistance  , volume 8, DOI : 10.2147/IDR.S87052 :
Cefotaxime is an antibiotic used to treat a number of bacterial infections. Specifically it is used to treat joint infections, pelvic inflammatory disease, meningitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, sepsis, gonorrhea, and cellulitis. It is given either by injection into a vein or muscle.
- Claforan, others
- AU: B1, US: B (No risk in non-human studies)
Type: 3rd generation CephalosporinDosage Forms: injectable solution, powder for injectionDosage Strengths: injectable solution: 1g/50mL, 2g/50mL; powder for injection: 250mg, 500mg, 1g, 2g, 10g, 100gRoutes of Administration: IV, IM
- Adult Dosing
- Pediatric Dosing
- Special Populations
- Adverse Reactions
- Antibiotic Sensitivities
1. 1-2g IM/IV q24h 2. First ED Dose: 1g IM/IV x 1 3. Max: 4g/24h
1. 4g IV divided q12-24h x 7-21 days 2. First ED Dose: 2g IM/IV x 1
1. Uncomplicated, initial: 250mg IM x 1 1.1. Also treat for chlamydia regardless of test results 2. Uncomplicated, recurrent of persistent: 500-1000mg IM x 1 3. Disseminated: 1g IM/IV q24h 3.1. May switch to cefixime PO after 24-48h if clinical improvement 4. Conjunctivitis: 1g IM x 1 5. Prophylaxis (sexual assault victims) 5.1. 250mg IM x 1
1. 50mg/kg IM/IV q24h 2. First Dose: 50mg/kg IM/IV x 1
Acute Otitis Media
1. 50mg/kg IM/IV x 1 2. Give 50mg/kg IM/IV q24h x 3 days for recurrent infection 3. Max 1g/dose
1. 80-100mg/kg IV divided q12-24h x 7-21 days 2. First Dose: 100mg/kg IV x 1 3. Max: 4g/24hAllergy to class/drug (see also Cephalosporin Cross-reactivity)Patients <1 month old
1. Anaphylaxis 2. Broncospasm 3. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome 4. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis 5. Erythema multiforme 6. Serum sickness 7. Pneumonitis 8. Neutropenia 9. Leukopenia 10. Hemolytic anemia 11. Thrombocytopenia 12. Hypoprothrombinemia 13. Agranulocytosis 14. Superinfection 15. Clostridium difficile 16. Colitis 17. Billiary/gallbladder sludge 18. Jaundice 19. Pancreatitis 20. Seizures 21. Nephrolithiasis 22. Lung/kidney calcium precipitate (neonates)
1. Local infection site reaction 2. Eosinophilia 3. Thrombocytosis 4. Transaminitis 5. Diarrhea 6. LeukopeniaHalf-life: 5.8-8.7h, 15h (CrCl 5-15)Metabolism: CYP450Excretion: Primarily urineMechanism of Action: bactericidal; inhibits cell wall synthesis
1. Ssusceptible/sensitive (usually) 2. Iintermediate (variably susceptible/resistant) 3. Rresistant (or not effective clinically) 4. S+synergistic with cell wall antibiotics 5. Usensitive for UTI only (non systemic infection) 6. X1no data 7. X2active in vitro, but not used clinically 8. X3active in vitro, but not clinically effective for Group A strep pharyngitis or infections due to E. faecalis 9. X4active in vitro, but not clinically effective for strep pneumonia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ideal sources for Wikipedia's health content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Ceftriaxone.
Ceftriaxone is a third generation cephalosporin antibiotic which has been associated with development of biliary sludge and biliary colic when given parenterally and in high doses. Ceftriaxone is also associated with rare instances of immunoallergic, usually cholestatic hepatitis similar to the injury associated with other cephalosporins.
Ceftriaxone có thể lắng đọng trong mật gây ra bùn mật, mật pseudolithiasis, và sỏi mật, đặc biệt ở trẻ em. Hạ prothrombin máu và xuất huyết cũng là các tác dụng phụ đáng chú ý.Suy thận sau thận ở trẻ em cũng được báo cáo.
Ceftriaxonă De la Wikipedia, enciclopedia liberă Ceftriaxona este un antibiotic din clasa cefalosporinelor de generația a treia, utilizat în tratamentul unor infecții bacteriene. Este utilizată în principal în tratamentul meningitei bacteriene, pneumoniei și gonoreei necomplicate.
A less nephrotoxic combination of ampicillin and ceftriaxone (even though E. faecalis is resistant to cephalosporins, ceftriaxone is working synergistically with ampicillin) may be used alternatively for ampicillin-susceptible E. faecalis. Daptomycin or linezolid may also show efficacy in case ampicillin and vancomycin resistance.
Sep 15, 2020 · Ceftriaxone is a cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotic. Ceftriaxone is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, including severe or life-threatening forms such as E. coli, pneumonia, or meningitis. Ceftriaxone is also used to prevent infection in people having certain types of surgery.