Yahoo Web Search

  1. About 44 search results

  1. The Collegiate Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity, Stratford-upon-Avon, is a Grade I listed parish church of the Church of England in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England. It is often known simply as Holy Trinity Church or as Shakespeare's Church, due to its fame as the place of baptism, marriage and burial of William Shakespeare ...

  2. The monastic buildings and those parts of the church east of the crossing were demolished at the Dissolution, and the Norman crossing tower and transepts collapsed in 1553. The present-day church consists of the nave of the Norman abbey church, the 14th-century lady chapel and west wall, and a 16th-century west tower, added after the dissolution.

  3. en.wikipedia.org › wiki › AldershotAldershot - Wikipedia

    The Church of St Michael the Archangel is the parish church for the town and dates to the 12th century with later additions. There was almost certainly an earlier church on the site. Cistercian monks from the nearby Waverley Abbey established granges or farms on their outlying estates, including one at Aldershot by 1175 for sheep grazing. We do ...

  4. Stratford-upon-Avon [ˌstrætfərd əˌpɒn ˈeɪvən] ist eine Stadt in der englischen Grafschaft Warwickshire. Der nahe Birmingham gelegene Ort zählt rund 23.700 Einwohner (2001) und ist der Verwaltungssitz des ähnlich lautenden Distrikts Stratford-on-Avon .

  5. The manually-powered Stratford-upon-Avon chain ferry was opened in 1937 and links Waterside, roughly halfway between the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Holy Trinity Church, with the water meadows on the opposite side of the river. It was the last of its kind to be built in Britain.

  6. en.wikipedia.org › wiki › NottinghamNottingham - Wikipedia

    Nottingham (/ ˈ n ɒ t ɪ ŋ ə m / NOT-ing-əm, locally / ˈ n ɒ t n ʊ m /) is a city and unitary authority area in Nottinghamshire, East Midlands, England.It is located 110 miles (180 km) north-west of London, 33 miles (53 km) south-east of Sheffield and 45 miles (72 km) north-east of Birmingham.

  7. Collegiate church The women's monastery was destroyed by the Danes in 1013 during one of their incursions into Wessex and never rebuilt, though the main abbey building survived. In 1043 Edward the Confessor founded a college of secular (non-monastic) canons , consisting of a dean , four prebends , four vicars , four deacons , and five singers ...

  1. People also search for