- Pixar Movies and Shorts
Stream the Best of Pixar.
Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and More!
- Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+
The Ultimate Streaming Trio
There's something for everyone.
- Marvel Movie Home
Captain America, Thor, and More!
Stream Your Favorites Today!
- Stream Disney Throwbacks
The Vault is Wide Open.
Your Disney Favorites Await.
- Pixar Movies and Shorts
Disney Channel (originally called The Disney Channel from 1983 to 1997 and commonly shortened to Disney from 1997 to 2002) is an American pay television channel that serves as the flagship property of owner Disney Branded Television, a unit of the Disney General Entertainment Content division of The Walt Disney Company.
Disney Channel is a cable television network that is owned by The Walt Disney Company. The channel shows programs that are made for family audiences, mostly pre-teens and teenagers. The channel began on the morning of April 18, 1983. Its programs ran for 18 hours a day until December 1986. In 1983-1997, the channel was called The Disney Channel.
- List of Disney Channels
Disney Channel, Inc.
On November 10, 1981, Walt Disney Productions and Westinghouse Broadcasting announced that they had joined up to start a family-oriented cable television service.In 1982, Disney hired Alan Wagner to develop a cable channel. By July 15, 1982, Disney incorporated Walt Disney Entertainment, Inc., which was renamed by January 28, 1983 to The Disney Channel, Inc. The Disney Channel was launched in April 1983 as a premium channel with 16 hours of programming.The channel became profitable in January...
ABC Cable Networks Group
Disney Channel, Inc. changed its name to ABC Cable Networks Group, Inc. by January 31, 2001. In October 2003, ABC Family Worldwide was shifted from Disney COO Bob Iger's directly reporting unit to the ABC Cable Networks Group.In early 2004, Disney Channel's original programming leaders took over ABC Family's original movies unit temporarily as two ABC Family executives left the channel. In January 2004, Fox Kids Europe, Fox Kids Latin America and ABC Cable Networks Group created the Jetix pro...
Disney Channels Worldwide
In November 2005, Barry Blumberg resigned as president of Walt Disney Television Animationto allow the planned transfer of TV animation to Disney Channels Worldwide. In 2006, Disney Television India acquired Hungama TV from UTV Software Communications Limited Disney Cinemagic began broadcasting in the UK in March 2006 to of several Cinemagic channels, including timeshift and HD versions across Western Europe.ABC1 ceased broadcasting on all UK TV platforms at noon on September 26, 2007. In Spa...
The international on-air channel brands look are consistent with the Disney brand. Individual channel managers are allowed to develop schedules and marketing programs to allow children's preferences in the market. Additionally, local programming that meets Disney's standards, combined with difficulties, is acquired. If a program is successful in a market, its format may be developed for other Disney Channels' market viewing tastes.
† Management Company Television Net TV SA is owned by Vocento SA, The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L. (20%) and Intereconomía Corporation SA. Which in addition to the Disney channels owns Intereconomia TV, a generalist channel.
Disney Channel Asia was launched in January 2000 as a single video feed with an English audio track being the default and Mandarin audio and subtitle tracks also available. The channel became available in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippines. On June 1, 2002, the channel was launched in the South Korea market as a Korean-language feed. Over the first six months of 2005, Disney Channel Asia along with sister channel Playhouse Disneylaunched in Vietnam, Palau and Thailand and finishi...
Disney Channel does not have a localized version for China. However, many of its live-action and animated series are syndicated on regional channels through ABC owned Dragon Clubsince 1994. It also has a Chinese website.
In April 2009, the Walt Disney Company Ltd. Japan and Disney Channels Worldwide started Broadcast Satellite Disney Co., Ltd. to broadcast a women and family targeted channel, Dlife[ja], with licensed received in October 2010 and debuted on March 17, 2012. In December 2013, Dlife launched a children's programming block called Disney Time.The channel was shut down on March 31, 2020.
Disney Channel has many popular shows. Its first ever series was Good Morning, Mickey! ran from 1983 to 1992. Its first Disney Channel original series was Flash Forward ran from 1996 to 1999. Disney's first hit series The All-New Mickey Mouse Club ran from 1989 to 1996. The second was Even Stevens
- Other channels and services
Disney Channel is a Scandinavian children's channel owned by The Walt Disney Company.
On February 28, 2003, the Disney Channel was launched, and was then at the time exclusive to the Viasat satellite platform. Later that year, it became available on digital cable networks, such as the Swedish Com Hem. Once the channel was originally launched, the only programs aired were animated, many of which were not Disney Channel Original Series. The first live-action series aired on Disney Channel was Smart Guy, which debuted in 2005. In 2003, the channel also applied for a license to broad
The channel is mainly aimed at children, broadcasting Disney television series 24 hours daily. Disney feature films are also an important part of the channel's programming. All of the programmes are dubbed into local languages. Since autumn 2012, Disney Channel broadcast with different video streams between the countries with its audio stream, but schedule is still the same. Many syndicated programmes have been aired on Disney Channel, such as The Fairly OddParents and Scaredy Squirrel.
Disney XD was a male-skewed children's channel which broadcasts 16 hours a day between 6:00 AM CET and 10:00 PM CET. It replaced Jetix and Toon Disney on September 12, 2009. Jetix used to end its daily broadcasts at 6:00 PM. Disney XD is funded by advertising, as was Jetix, while
Disney Junior is a channel aimed at preschoolers which was launched in October 2006 on the Canal Digital and Viasat satellite operators as Playhouse Disney. Later on, the channel was launched on cable operators. On Com Hem, the largest cable operator in Sweden, the channel was la
"Disney Play" redirects here. For the upcoming online media streaming service from Disney in which "Disney Play" was falsely reported to be working title, see Disney+. This section needs to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available informa
- Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia
- "Share the Joy" (May 2014-)
- London, United Kingdom
- 16:9 (widescreen)
People also ask
Does Disney Channel have a website?
What was the original Disney Channel?
What are all of the Disney Channel shows?
What is Disney Channel number?
Disney Channel is the Belgian edition based on the American channel of the same name, owned by the Walt Disney Company. Disney Channel was launched in Flanders on 1 November 2009, as a subfeed from the Dutch version. The Flemish channel was split from the Dutch version in 2012.
- Presentation and logos
Disney Channel is a pan-Asian pay television channel owned by The Walt Disney Company, a unit of the Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International division of The Walt Disney Company. Disney Channel Asia's programming consists of original first-run television series, theatrically-released and original made-for-cable movies and select other third-party programming. The current programming of the channel is currently aimed at pre-teens and adolescents ages 10–16, while its Disney Junior...
Disney Channel Asia was launched in January 2000 with a single video feed and two audio tracks in English and Mandarin, as well as subtitles in Mandarin. The channel became available in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippines. On 1 June 2002, the channel was launched in the South Korean market with a Korean language feed. Over the first six months of 2005, Disney Channel Asia, along with sister channel Playhouse Disney was launched in Vietnam, Palau and Thailand. It finished off with a l
With the launch of the channel in 1996, Disney Channel Asia adopted the UK network's presentation designed by Lambie-Nairn. It then used the splat logo in 1997 with the opening of Disney Channel France. Later in 1999, Disney Channel Asia began to use the "Circles" presentation package until July 2003, when the US logo as the "Bounce" graphics, it became the channel's on-air presentation format, then later rebranded using the "Ribbon" graphics from 2007 until 2011. Two more redesigns were made in
The main feed is available in Thailand, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Myanmar and Cambodia. It was available in the Middle East until the region got its own feed in 1997. This feed stopped airing movies and started sharing the same schedule with the Indonesian feed on 1 February 2021.
The schedule was very similar to the main feed, with the exclusions of movies at launch. It was separated from the main feed since 1 September 2020 due to the launch of Disney+ Hotstar on 5 September 2020. This feed later started sharing the same schedule with the main feed on 1
Same schedule as the Asia feed, plus local advertisements. The channel will cease operations on October 1, 2021.
33,528 edits • 1,498 articles • 13 active users. Want to know what is coming on Disney Channel? Well, we'll be adding it here soon.
- Programming Blocks
- Sister Channels
- Video Games
- Network Slogans
- See Also
1983–1997: Early years
In 1983, Walt Disney Productions announced its launch of the family-oriented cable channel. The Disney Channel launched nationally on April 18, 1983 at 7am ET with the Disney Channel-produced series Good Morning, Mickey. The channel's programming during its run as a premium channel, carrying through to its transition to a basic cable channel, targeted children and teenagers during the daytime, families during primetime and adults at night. At the time of its launch, Disney Channel was a premi...
1997-2002 transition to basic network
On April 6, 1997, Disney Channel transitioned to a premium network to a basic network and took on a revamped look and dropped the word "The" in the network's name (however, promos often referred to the channel as simply "Disney" and the logo often omitted the "Channel" in the network's name), and split the network into three programming blocks: Playhouse Disney, comprising shows aimed at preschoolers; Vault Disney, featuring classic Disney material such as Zorro, The Mickey Mouse Club, the Wa...
2002–2007: Disney Channel relaunched
By 2002, Disney Channel was seen in 80 million cable homes nationwide. That September, Disney Channel was gradually remodeled once more. The "Zoog" brand name was phased out from on-air usage, though it continued under separate website until 2003, when it was merged with Disney Channel's main website. On September 9, 2002, the Vault Disney block was discontinued, primarily to contribute to the network's new "hip" image, in favor of same-day repeats of the channel's original programming and of...
1. Main article: Disney Junior 1. Disney Junior – Disney Channel currently features shows targeted at preschool-age children on Monday through Fridays from 6 a.m.-2 p.m. and weekends from 6–9 a.m. ET/PT, called Disney Junior, which debuted on February 14, 2011. During the summer months, the block ends at 9 am ET/PT on weekdays. The only programming featuring classic Disney characters, as of 2012 is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney Junior, and the Mickey Mouse short cartoons on the network its...
1. Disney Channel Summer– The network runs summer programming blocks every year with differing themes. First introduced in 2011 and last aired in 2016. Disney Channel has branded its summer programming lineup as "Disney Channel Summer". Generally most of the network's series run new episodes through the summer and original movies premiere in these months to take advantage of the largest possible children's audience, as do most children's networks in Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. In...
1. Disney Channel Saturday Mornings – is an animation block that debuted on June 18, 2011 as "Toonin' Saturdays", which was rebranded with its current name in 2012. The lineup – which airs most Saturdays from 9-10 a.m. Eastern/Pacific, and is sometimes preempted in favor of other Disney Channel original programs – primarily consists of double-episode airings of Disney Channel original animated series Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks, and Gravity Falls. Occasionally, new first-run episodes of eith...
In the May 2010 Nielsen ratings, Disney Channel ranked No.1 for the 63rd consecutive month in the Kids 6–11 demographic and for the 62nd straight month among Tweens 9–14. Disney Channel is ranked as the second most watched cable channel among total viewers during primetime, behind USA Network in first place with an average of 2.8 million people. According to Nielsen Media Research, the month of February 2011 had finished as Disney Channel’s most-watched February sweeps period in Total Day ratings in the network's history ever, earning an average of 1.7 million viewers among Total Viewers, along with 590,000 viewers with a 2.1 rating share among Kids 6–11 and 459,000 viewers with a 1.9 rating share among Tweens 6–9; 9–15; among the first two demos, the channel posted its 14th consecutive month of year-to-year gains in both demos. First-run episodes of Shake It Up, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Good Luck Charlie earned six of television’s top 10 telecasts that month in key child demog...
1. Disney Channel HD is a high definition simulcast feed, broadcasting a moderate amount of Disney Channel's programming in 720p HD (Disney/ABC Television Group's standard resolution format for its HD simulcast channels); it began broadcasting on March 19, 2008. Most of the channel's post-2009 program content is broadcast in high definition, along with feature films produced by Walt Disney Picturesand other film studios, Disney Channel original movies made after 2005 and select episodes, film...
Disney Channel has received some criticism for their current programming direction. Experts criticize the company for programming that has pulled away from the characters that the network's parent company, the Walt Disney Company was based on: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, and thus some of Disney's most loyal fans have gone so far to say that the network is no longer really a Disney Channel. Other critics disapprove of the marketing strategy made by Anne Sweeney, the President of ABC-Disney Television Group, which makes the programs on Disney Channel geared mainly toward pre-teen girls and teenage girls. Sweeney had also said that the main goal of the programming on Disney Channel was not solely to entertain, but to also make money, officially stating that Disney Channel would be "the major profit driver for the (Walt Disney) Company."  Most fans criticized the lack of animated programs and the overabundance of sitcoms on the channel, particularly during the...
From 1983 to 1997, Disney Channel's logo involves a Mickey Mouse head inside a TV screen. When the network split in 1997, a new logo was launched, with a 1930s Mickey Mouse inside a Mickey Mouse-shaped TV. The logo was slightly modified in 1999. In October 2002, a logo that was designed by CA Square was adopted in the US and in 2003 internationally, which continued until 2010. In 2010, the logo was altered to look better in HD Widescreen format, the original 2002 logo was encased inside a rounded box. On May 23, 2014, a new logo was given for the channel that removed the box, and the mouse ears were used on top of the title of the "i" in "Disney" instead of being encased in it.
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition
1. Main article: Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition is the first game based on the Disney Channel shows. Core gameplay remains mostly the same on Disney Channel Edition, until the song list consists mostly of songs from Disney Channel programming, including songs from Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, High School Musical, That's So Raven, Kim Possible, and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
Disney Channel All Star Party
1. Main article: Disney Channel All Star Party Disney Channel All Star Party is a mascot treasure hunt party game that brings together several characters from the Disney Channel Multiverse in one epic roundup that plays very similarly to Nintendo's Mario Partyvideo game series. Players can experience places from Disney Channel shows in a board game style. They can also play up to 30 minigames based on the Disney Channel shows. They can choose any of the Disney Channel character they like.
Disney Channel All Star House Party
1. Main article: Disney Channel All Star House Party Disney Channel All Star House Party is a party game which plays very similarly to Nintendo's WarioWare video game series. The game focuses on House Party Games, which are short games that last for about five seconds. The game is broken up into stages, each represented by a Disney Channelcharacter and loosely connected by a story, with the House Party Games divided among the stages based on the Disney Channel shows.Cam Brainard (2001 - 2015)Mandy Kaplan (2004-2007)Jarrad Hewett (2015 - 2018)Everything You've Ever Imagined. And More.(April 18, 1983–September 1983)Family Entertainment You Can Trust.(September 1983 – 1985)For the Family. All of It.(1985–1986)Disney's Our Channel(1986–1987)
shopdisney.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month