searchandshopping.org has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
e The Pacific Ocean is the largest and deepest of Earth 's oceanic divisions. It extends from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Southern Ocean (or, depending on definition, to Antarctica) in the south and is bounded by the continents of Asia and Australia in the west and the Americas in the east.
- 4,280 m (14,040 ft)
- 165,250,000 km² (63,800,000 sq mi)
- 10,911 m (35,797 ft)
- 710,000,000 km³ (170,000,000 cu mi)
Pacific Ocean, body of salt water extending from the Antarctic region in the south to the Arctic in the north and lying between the continents of Asia and Australia on the west and North and South America on the east. Its area, excluding adjacent seas, encompasses about 63.8 million square miles.
- Birthing hurricanes. The Pacific Ocean stirs up some of the strongest hurricanes ever seen. For example, in 2018 the strongest storm of the year was Super Typhoon Mangkhut.
- The Ring of Fire. The Pacific basin is called the “Ring of Fire” because of the area of earthquake and volcanic activity around its edges. The resulting chain of volcanoes is roughly 25,000 miles long and springs to life where the Pacific tectonic plate slides against or collides into the other tectonic plates that circle it.
- The Mariana Trench. The Mariana Trench is one such deep ocean trench that sits along the Ring of Fire in the Mariana Archipelago east of the Philippines.
- Ocean acidification and ‘the blob’ Burning fossil fuels and releasing carbon dioxide into the air doesn't just alter the makeup of our atmosphere. Oceans, which absorb about 30 percent of the CO2 released into the atmosphere, are also highly susceptible to the changes taking place in a warming world.
- The Pacific Ocean is located between Americas to the East of the Pacific Ocean basin and the Asian and Australian continents to the West. The Equator divides the Pacific Ocean into the North Pacific Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean.
- The word “Pacific” means peaceful. The Pacific Ocean got its name from the explorer Ferdinand Magellan. He called the ocean “mar pacific”, which meant peaceful sea.
- The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean on the planet. It covers more than 30% of the earth’s surface. It is so large it is bigger than the landmass of all the world’s continents combined!
- The Pacific Ocean is also the deepest ocean. It has extremely deep trenches including The Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench. This trench was researched by the HMS Challenger in 1875.
Explorer Ferdinand Magellan named the Pacific Ocean in the 16th Century. Covering approximately 59 million square miles and containing more than half of the free water on Earth, the Pacific is by far the largest of the world's ocean basins. In 1519, Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan, in the employ of Spain, began a journey across the Atlantic Ocean to seek a western route to the Spice Islands via South America.
Pacific Ocean (puh-sih-fihko-shihn) A proper noun refers to the name of a person, place, or thing. (m) means that a noun is masculine. Spanish nouns have a gender, which is either feminine (like la mujer or la luna) or masculine (like el hombre or el sol). The Kingdom of Tonga is an archipelago in the Pacific Ocean, over 500 miles south of Fiji.El Reino de Tonga es un archipiélago en el océano Pacífico, a más de 500 millas al sur de las islas Fiji.
The Pacific ocean is a pretty dope ocean. You may here "surfs up" or "high tide brotha" while you are around it. Maybe you will see some dolphins that would be sweet. This ocean is very important to the world.
Jun 06, 2018 · The ocean may look beautiful from that pristine stretch of beachfront you're sipping your margarita on, but make no mistake: it's a huge trash can. In fact, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, which lives between California and Hawaii, has grown to 600,000 square miles—more than twice the size of Texas.
Things to Do in Pacific Coast, Mexico: See Tripadvisor's 605,819 traveler reviews and photos of Pacific Coast tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in May. We have reviews of the best places to see in Pacific Coast. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
The Ring of Fire does not extend through the southern Pacific Ocean between New Zealand and the Antarctic Peninsula or the southern tip of South America because the submarine plate boundaries in this part of the Pacific Ocean (the Pacific–Antarctic Ridge, the East Pacific Rise and the Chile Ridge) are divergent instead of convergent. Although ...