Long Beach is a city in the U.S. state of California located within the Los Angeles metropolitan area. It is the 43rd most populous city in the United States, with a population of 463,218 as of 2020. A charter city, Long Beach is the 7th most populous city in California.
The regular Long Beach Community Investment Company of the City of Long Beach to be held at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 will be canceled due to a lack of Agenda items. The undersigned Vice-President of the Company declared said meeting adjourned.
Long Beach is a city in California with a population of 468,883. Long Beach is in Los Angeles County. Living in Long Beach offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Long Beach there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
- Board the Queen Mary. The Queen Mary is a luxury ocean liner that is now permanently docked in the LBC. The ship is rumored to be haunted and offers daily tours as well as nighttime ghost tours for those who aren't afraid of the dark.
- See the Fish at the Aquarium of the Pacific. The Aquarium of the Pacific is located on Rainbow Harbor in Downtown Long Beach and has over 12,000 pacific coast creatures including penguins, sea otters, puffins, sea lions, and seals.
- Hit the Beach. The beaches in Long Beach offer a variety of activities like biking, skating, and kiteboarding. However, since the beaches are sheltered by a breakwater, there are no large waves—so don't expect to hang ten here.
- Picnic in Bluff Park. If you want to enjoy the beauty of the Pacific Ocean without getting sandy, a visit to the grassy Bluff Park is a must-do. The bluff's paved sidewalk makes it a favorite spot for romantic sunset walks and picnics that can be enjoyed on the green.
Orbit aims to reach space for the first time on Sunday by launching a rocket from mid-air, a key attempt after aborting the rocket's first test launch last year. If conditions on Sunday hold ...
Reuters via Yahoo News
3 hours ago
- How soon you get COVID-19 vaccine may depend on where in California you liveLA Times via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Democrats face backlash for calling Newsom recall effort a 'California coup'LA Times via Yahoo News5 days ago
- What's open and closed in SoCal under state's latest COVID rulesLA Times via Yahoo News4 days ago
- California passes 30,000 COVID-19 deaths amid continuing surgeLA Times via Yahoo News7 days ago
- Long Beach Pets Who Need A Home: Meet Spot, Rylee, Ginger & MorePatch via Yahoo News4 days ago
Long Beach Tourism: Tripadvisor has 80,489 reviews of Long Beach Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Long Beach resource.
May 16, 2020 · Long Beach is a great Southern California coastal town with a lot to explore. It has one of the largest shipping ports in the United States, so the city feels pretty massive, but don’t let that scare you away. I have stayed in Long Beach many times, and it is easy to get around with lots of fun attractions.
Jan 08, 2021 · Located in Long Beach, California, the Aquarium of the Pacific aims to inspire a deep passion and respect for the Pacific Ocean and its inhabitants. The aquarium is dedicated to ocean conservation efforts through educational programs which build a connection between people and nature.
Long Beach is right in the middle of the Los Angeles metro coast. If you live in LA, forget the freeway - take the Metro instead. Long Beach is 106 miles from San Diego, 137 from Bakersfield, 244 from Fresno. The nearest airport is the Long Beach Airport (LGB).
Top Long Beach Beaches: See reviews and photos of beaches in Long Beach, California on Tripadvisor.