Established in 1979, we are the only artist-founded museum in Los Angeles. We are dedicated to collecting and exhibiting contemporary art.
Exhibitions • MOCA - Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
Welcome to The Museum of Contemporary Art. With two distinct...
- MOCA Grand Avenue
Photo by Elon Schoenholz, courtesy of The Museum of...
Collection: Recent • MOCA. Established in 1979, we are the...
The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA) is a contemporary art museum with two locations in greater Los Angeles, California.The main branch is located on Grand Avenue in Downtown Los Angeles, near the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
According to Tripadvisor travelers, these are the best ways to experience The Museum of Contemporary Art: Half-Day Tour of Los Angeles and Hollywood (From $76.00) Full-Day Small-Group Los Angeles Tour By Luxury SUV (From $129.00) Culture, Food, Art Tour of Downtown LA with Angels Flight Ticket (From $35.90)
- 250 S Grand Ave Downtown, Los Angeles, 90012-3007, California
- Nan Goldin in Conversation with Lanka Tattersallyoutube.com
- Martha Rosleryoutube.com
- Douglas Kearneyyoutube.com
- Clarice Smith Distinguished Lecture Series: Scholar Helen Molesworthyoutube.com
The Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles Store features books, gifts, and art-related products to support the museum's exhibitions and programs.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art - LACMA. Art museums 1 and 2 on this list are almost a tie if you take into account architecture and the view, but for the sheer volume and diversity of art that you can see at one location, Los Angeles County Museum of Art edged out the Getty Center, especially with the addition of Broad Contemporary and the Resnick Pavilion.
- Getty Center. Culture Vultures. 4.4. The Getty Center, high on a hill in Brentwood, houses the J. Paul Getty Museum's fine art and photography collections, while the antiquities reside in Malibu at the Getty Villa.
- Norton Simon Museum. The Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena is a much more manageable size than LACMA or the Getty Center, and yet it contains some of the finest works of art in Southern California.
- The Broad. The Broad is LA's newest art museum, showcasing the extensive contemporary art collection of philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad. It is located in Downtown LA next to the Disney Concert Hall and across from the Museum of Contemporary Art.
The Broad is a contemporary art museum in Los Angeles offering free general admission and an active program of rotating exhibitions.
- The Broad. One of LA's newest art museums, The Broad is the collection of Eli and Edythe Broad. The 2,000-strong collection of paintings and sculptures were all created after World War II and artists represented here include Andy Warhol, Barbara Kruger, and Cindy Sherman.
- Getty Center. The Getty, as locals call it, got the art world's (and everyone else's) attention when the institution opened up a gleaming white, hilltop museum designed by Richard Meier in 1997.
- Hammer Museum. Located in Westwood and under the auspices of nearby UCLA, the Armand Hammer Museum exhibits a nice collection of contemporary art. Artists' work here includes that of Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, and Suzanne Lacy.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) The largest art museum in the western United States, LACMA boasts a millennia-spanning collection of 150,000 pieces of art.
LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art). Largest art museum in the West inspires creativity and dialogue. Connect with cultures from ancient times to the present.
Feel-Good results for Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles