Facing slow progress all throughout the state and the prospect of unused COVID-19 vaccines going to waste, a Northern California county had an idea. Earlier this week, El ...
Sacramento Bee via Yahoo News
1 day ago
- California Democrats see backlash after recall 'coup' claimsAssociated Press via Yahoo News2 days ago
- As COVID deaths surge, these California politicians gathered to call for reopeningsSacramento Bee via Yahoo News6 days ago
- Dale Moss Says He Only Signed up to Appear on The Bachelorette for Fiancée Clare CrawleyPeople via Yahoo News2 days ago
- L.A. is overwhelmed. How Sacramento hospitals are trying to avoid their own COVID crisisSacramento Bee via Yahoo News4 days ago
- At Lake Tahoe, unfurling the statewide welcome mat is 'awkward' as pandemic ragesLA Times via Yahoo News21 hours ago
People also ask
What is special about Sacramento?
What are the suburbs of Sacramento California?
Is Sacramento in California?
What is the history of Sacramento, CA?
Sacramento Kings Fun Facts. Before they were the Kings, they were a semi-professional team from Rochester, NY known as The Royals. They then became the Kansas City Kings and in ... The Kings have almost been relocated four times since their 1980s move to Sacramento. The first attempt was to relocate ...
- Sacramento is California's sixth capital, since 1854, and has been the state capital on two different occasions.
- Sacramento has some unique nicknames, including "The Camella Capital of the World," "City of Trees," and "The Big Tomato."
- Sacramento features an extensive network of tunnels beneath the city's foundations, built during the raising of the city to avoid flooding.
- Sacramento is one of America's "haunted" cities. Some of the famously haunted locations include the Governor's Mansion and the California State Library.
Jul 29, 2014 · 27. The town’s home to arguably the “World’s Oldest Triathlon,” featuring a unique replacement for swimming: kayaking. 28. Metropolitan Sacramento is actually split between two counties. Sacramento is in Sacramento County, but West Sacramento is technically in Yolo County. 29. The Sacramento River is the longest in the entire state of California.
- Pierre Roustan
Facts about Sacramento California 2: the role of Sacramento in Gold Rush Sacramento played a prominent role during the Gold Rush in California. It became the center of agriculture, commerce and distribution point. The Pony Express, riverboats, stagecoaches and wagon trains had their terminus in Sacramento.
- We make everyone else’s “farm-to-fork” trend look like amateur hour. You know how other places say, “It’s not a trend, it’s a way of life?” Well, here, it’s also our history.
- “City of Trees” is Sacramento’s nickname for a reason. True, Sacramento has its fair share of nicknames, but one of the favorites is “City of Trees.”
- The original city is actually underground. Let the ghost stories commence. In 1862, Sacramento was hit by a massive storm and the subsequent flooding ended up being among the worst in California’s recorded history — so intense that it created a temporary inland sea.
- The new Golden 1 Center is part sports, part music, part slow food movement — and all parts progressive. Golden 1 Center, the new home of the Sacramento Kings, opened this year and kicked things off right with a Paul McCartney concert.
It is situated in the Sacramento Valley (the northern portion of the vast Central Valley) along the Sacramento River at its confluence with the American River, about 90 miles (145 km) northeast of San Francisco and 45 miles (72 km) north of Stockton.