What are the top 10 gospel songs?
- Top Gospel Songs Goin’ Up Yonder. A gospel music favorite from the legendary Walter Hawkins. Precious Lord (Take My Hand) A classic gospel hymn by Aretha Franklin from the Album The Atlantic Albums Collection. Oh Happy Day. A classic gospel song by Edwin Hawkins from the Album Oh Happy Day: The Best Of The Edwin Hawkins Singers. I Love the Lord
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: Everybody’s Gonna Have a Wonderful Time Up There. Elvis Presley, himself a fine gospel performer, named Sister Rosetta Tharpe as one of his favorite singers and guitar players.
- Hank Williams: I Saw the Light. Hank Williams’s “I Saw the Light” is one of the finest examples of country gospel. He reportedly penned the song on the journey home from a dance in Fort Deposit, Alabama, when his mother Lilly saw a beacon light near Dannelly Field Airport and roused her son with the words, ”Hank, wake up, we’re nearly home.
- Sidney Bechet: When The Saints Go Marching In. This celebrated feel-good song (with lyrics that take much of their inspiration from the Book Of Revelations) became something of a jazz-gospel standard after Louis Armstrong’s impressive 1938 version.
- Sam Cooke: Peace in the Valley. Sam Cooke grew up listening to “Peace in the Valley,” a song written in 1937 for Mahalia Jackson by Thomas A. Dorsey, and which was later recorded by hundreds of musicians, including Presley and Little Richard.
Apr 07, 2022 · One of the most famous and beloved gospel songs of all time, “Give Me That Old Time Religion,” has been performed by country and folk music greats for decades. This version by the Famous Ward Sisters is an excellent rendition, but it’s also been covered by Charlie Rich, Etta James, and Dolly Parton. “Never Give Up” by Yolanda Adams Song Year: 2001
Gospel veteran, Al Green, sings his signature silky vocals over this gospel song from the Album Testify: The Best Of The A&M Years I Give You Praise (feat. Richard Smallwood) A great gospel song by Robert E. Person. Walk in the Light A timeless classic gospel song by Aretha Franklin from the Album One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism Peace Be Still
People also ask
What are the top 10 gospel songs?
What are the most popular gospel songs of all time?
What are some good gospel songs?
What are the latest gospel songs?
- Here I am To Worship – Hillsong Worship. This is one of Hillsong’s favorite gospel songs of all time. It was released in 2003 and has remained among the top gospel music in the industry.
- Shackles (Praise You) – Mary Mary. Since it was released in 2000, this song has not lost its popularity. It was composed by Erica Campbell and Trecina Atkins-Campbell, also known as Mary Mary.
- The Cross – Prince. This is one of the songs in Prince’s 1987 Sign O’ The Times Album. The song has a profound spiritual message about the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Mary Don’t You Weep – Aretha Franklin. This song has been in the music industry for years. The Fisk Jubilee Singers had recorded it first in 1915. In 1972, Franklin produced a version that transformed the song and pushed its popularity worldwide.
I will sing of your love and justice; to you, Lord, I will sing praise. Psalm 135:3. Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. 2 The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. 3 He has remembered his love and his ...
Jul 28, 2020 · Why Me Lord is irrefutably one of the finest old gospel songs. 7. God Is by Derrick Wells & Legacy At about the 3:30 mark, the track can easily make one start clapping and singing along. It is no wonder the song is among the most popular worship songs today. 6. O Mary Don't You Weep by Bruce Springsteen