Jun 14, 2019 · No wave artists list, with photos, ranked best to worst by votes. List of good no wave bands includes a filter so you can sort by the groups’s label and what albums they've put out. This list of the top no wave bands in the world includes all musicians who have released recordings that have gotten...
May 10, 2020 · However, in this article, and in no particular order, we’ll discuss the 10 most prominent and influential bands and artists of no wave that have contributed to the movement. James Chance and the Contortions. James Chance is a saxophonist, keyboardist and singer from Wisconsin, and a key figure in the no wave movement.
- BTS (방탄소년단) 'Save ME' Official MVyoutube.com
- Australian Crawl - Oh No, Not You Again (1981)youtube.com
- Nonstop 80s Greatest Hits Best Oldies Songs Of 1980s Greatest 80s Music Hitsyoutube.com
- Steel Panther - Death To All But Metal (Explicit)youtube.com
No Wave Artists Swans. 440,664 listeners. Swans is a band from New York, United States, active from 1982 to 1997, reformed in 2010, led by singer, songwriter and ...
The Theoretical Girls were among the most enigmatic of the late '70s New York no wave bands, famous not so much for their music, since they released only one single during their brief existence, but because the group launched the careers of two of New York's best known experimental music figures, composer Glenn Branca and producer Wharton Tiers.
Incredible bands from around the East Coast are still doing authentic no wave—among them are Zs, Pill, Palm and Horse Lords. For a style that implies timelessness, it’s expected, though still really exciting, that current bands are interpreting no wave in such a fresh, new fashion.
Oct 23, 2012 · The Best No Wave Albums of All Time. View reviews, ratings, news & more regarding your favorite band.
No Wave was a short-lived, avant-garde offshoot of '70s punk, based almost entirely in New York City's Lower East Side from about 1978-1982. Like the post-punk movement that was primarily centered in Britain, no wave drew from the artier side of punk -- but where British post-punk was mostly cold and despairing, no wave was harsh, abrasive, and aggressively confrontational.
Mar 10, 2014 · The no wave bands took all of the Lower East Side’s sucking emptiness, its lawlessness, its traumas, violence and dread, its funny tragedies, its broken psychogeography, and all the inertia of ...
- Ash Code • Italy, founded in 2013.
- She Past Away • Turkey, founded in 2006. ‘She Past Away’ is a band from Turkey described as the “new dark-wave” in articles and reviews throughout the world.
- Light Asylum • USA, founded in 2010.
- Noir • USA, founded in 2013. Athan Maroulis conceptualized ‘Noir’ as a project that would musically bridge together his Industrial and Gothic past into a very moody electronic present utilizing elements of dance, dark ambient, synth-laced hooks along with touches of glitch and EBM.
No wave was a short-lived avant-garde music and art scene that emerged in the late 1970s in downtown New York City. Reacting against punk rock's recycling of rock and roll clichés, no wave musicians instead experimented with noise, dissonance and atonality in addition to a variety of non-rock genres, while often reflecting an abrasive, confrontational, and nihilistic worldview.