What are the best things to see in Berlin Germany?Answer from 4 sources
Top Five things to see in Berlin, Germany
- Brandenburg Gate/DZ Bank/Reichstag/Holocaust Museum (okay, I cheated because technically that’s four different places, but they’re all very close to each other so you can catch...
75 Best Things to Do in Berlin (Germany)
- Brandenburg Gate. Where Unter den Linden intersects with Ebertstraße stands what may be Germany’s...
- Reichstag. Another landmark that sums up the drama of the 20th century in Berlin is...
Top 10 Things to See in Berlin
- Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. One of Berlin most iconic landmarks is the Brandenburg Gate...
- Reichstag in Berlin. The Reichstag in Berlin is the traditional seat of the German Parliament.
Things To Do in Berlin – The Ultimate Top 10 List
- Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate).
- Fernsehturm (TV Tower).
- Museums (seriously!!!)
- Eat a Currywurst.
- Checkpoint Charlie.
- Get wet!
People also ask
What are the best things to see in Berlin?
What is it like to live in Berlin Germany?
What are the top ten things to do in Berlin?
What do you do in Berlin?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Berlin, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 573,871 traveler reviews and photos of Berlin tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in September. We have reviews of the best places to see in Berlin. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Jul 29, 2020 · Best Things To Do in Berlin. ... War, the structure sat in "no man's land" between East and West Berlin. Visitors to the monument say it's now a must-see symbol that represents Germany unity. ...
With so many world-famous sites and attractions to visit, deciding on the best things to do in Berlin can be a daunting task. Visiting selective places and carrying the best memories is the best alternative. Don’t rush to see all of the attractions in Berlin on your first trip itself.
- Brandenburg Gate. Where Unter den Linden intersects with Ebertstraße stands what may be Germany’s most recognisable sight. For first-timers in Berlin the Brandenburg Gate is obligatory, and it’s charged with real emotion and meaning, as an ever-present landmark during the destruction of the Second World War and the Berlin Wall when it stood at the divide.
- Reichstag. Another landmark that sums up the drama of the 20th century in Berlin is the Reichstag, the meeting place of the German Parliament. This Neo-Baroque building dates from 1894 and housed the Imperial Diet until it was damaged in that infamous and historic fire in 1933.
- Tiergarten. After scurrying around the big-hitting sights and museums the Tiergarten could be a peaceful interlude. It’s a large belt of thick foliage, coursed by the Landwehr Canal and spreading west from the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag.
- Victory Column (Siegessäule) Where the roads converge in the Tiergarten there’s another big photo opportunity. The Victory Column was built in 1864 after the defeat of Denmark in the Danish-Prussian War.
Jun 19, 2018 · One of the top things to do in Berlin is to visit the Berlin Wall Memorial. The strip of the wall extends 1.4 kilometers and it signifies the division of East and West Berlin until reunification at the end of the 1980s. The Wall memorial has three parts which provide an artistic, factual, and spiritual way to honor the victims of the Berlin Wall.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Berlin, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 578,431 traveller reviews and photos of Berlin tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in September. We have reviews of the best places to see in Berlin. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- Reichstag. When the decision was made to move the Federal Government to Berlin, it was time to reawaken the Reichstag building from its long years of slumber on the Mauerstreifen, the military zone between the two sides of the Wall.
- Brandenburg Gate. Without a doubt, the Brandenburg Gate is Berlin's signature attraction. Built in 1791, it was just one of many old city gates around the city of Berlin which, at that time, was still a manageable size.
- Berlin Television Tower (Fernsehturm) The Berlin Television Tower, which is known to locals as the Fernsehturm, and is instantly recognisable from the distance, stand outs of the skyline at 368m, making it the tallest building in Berlin.
- Gendarmenmarkt. The Gendarmenmarkt is one of the most stunning squares in the city, located close to Friedrichstraße, Berlin's exclusive shopping street in the central Mitte district.
From towers, to museums and abandoned airfields, read our guide on the top things to see in west Berlin
- Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. One of Berlin most iconic landmarks is the Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor). In the course of German history, the Brandenburg Gate has played many different roles.
- Reichstag in Berlin. The Reichstag in Berlin is the traditional seat of the German Parliament. A fire here in 1933 allowed Hitler to claim emergency powers, leading to his dictatorship.
- Museum Island Berlin. Berlin's Museum Island is home to five world-class museums which cover everything from the famous bust of Egyptian Queen Nefertiti to European paintings from the 19th century.
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe is one of Germany’s most impressive and moving monuments to the Holocaust.
Apr 26, 2017 · A trip to Berlin wouldn’t be complete without visiting the Reichstag, East Side Gallery or the city’s iconic TV Tower. The German capital’s must-visit attractions encompass world-class museums, poignant street art and awe-inspiring architecture.