People also ask
What are the best songs of the 1960s?
What were the best selling songs of the 60s?
What are the greatest hits of the 60s?
What was the most popular song in the 1960s?
Top 10 Greatest Songs of the '60s 1. A Day In The Life - The Beatles 2. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles 3. I Can't Get No (Satisfaction) - The Rolling Stones 4. Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan 5. Happy Together - The Turtles 6. California Dreaming - The Mamas and the Papas 7. Light My Fire - ...
Oct 27, 2014 · In honor of Billboard magazine's 120th anniversary on Nov. 1, we're revealing the top 20 Billboard Hot 100 hits from each decade since the 1960s (for a total of 120 songs). The '60s was the first ...
- Hey Jude - The Beatles.
- Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry (FROM THE FIFTIES!)
- Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash.
- Lola - The Kinks.
List of Billboard Hot 100 top ten singles in 1960 which peaked in 1959 Top ten entry date ...
Jul 29, 2016 · The 100 Best Songs of the 1960s. 100. Desmond Dekker & The Aces, “Israelites”. Reggae originated in the Jamaica in this decade, combining elements of ska, R&B, and Caribbean ... 99. Bobby Darin, “Beyond the Sea”. 98. The Righteous Brothers, “Unchained Melody”. 97. Nancy Sinatra, “These Boots Are ...
- Hilary Saunders
- 100 Send Me A Postcard. Dutch psych rockers Shocking Blue would score a US Billboard Hot 100 No.1 with 1970’s ‘Venus’ (covered so memorably by Bananarama 16 years later), but ‘Send Me A Postcard’ is a darker proposition altogether, singer Mariska Veres evoking Julie Driscoll or Jefferson Airplane’s Grace Slick as she hollers over fuzzed guitar and the obligatory swirling organ.
- 99 Ring Of Fire. This paean to the grisly aftermath of an unforgiving curry – or tribute to love’s steamy embrace, whatever you fancy – was written by Johnny Cash’s future wife June Carter with Merle Kilgore, and originally recorded by June’s sister Anita.
- 98 I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night) The opening track on Lenny Kaye’s ‘Nuggets’, his essential compilation of late-60s garage and psych rock, ‘I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)’ was written by professional songwriting team Annette Tucker and Nancie Mantz but musses up its classic structure with needling, distorted guitar from Ken Williams – recorded backwards – and a growling lead vocal from James Lowe.
- 97 My Girl. They might have done the gritty thing with ‘Ball Of Confusion’ and ‘Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone’ or tried overwrought testifying on ‘Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’, but the Temptations song that gets reeled out most these days is this soppy, doo-wopping poem to a girl who makes everything all right.
Rank Song Title Song Artist Year Genre; Top songs of the 1960's is updated by the minute by ...RankSong TitleSong ArtistYear1Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed ...Neil Diamond19692ShoutOtis Day And The Knights/Isley Brothers19673Brown Eyed GirlVan Morrison19674The Way You Look TonightFrank Sinatra1964
Top 10 60s Songs You Forgot Were AwesomeThe 1960s were undoubtedly one of the best decades for music, with some truly awesome songs.. You had everyone from T...
- 10 min
- related to: What are the top 10 songs of the 60s?
music.amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
noticerevealer.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
kinkale.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month