- Jack Kirby, original name Jacob Kurtzberg, (born August 28, 1917, New York, New York, U.S.—died February 6, 1994, Thousand Oaks, California), American comic book artist who helped create hundreds of original characters, including Captain America, the Incredible Hulk, and the Fantastic Four.
People also ask
What Marvel characters did Jack Kirby create?
What was Jack Kirby's original name?
What did Jack Kirby do for a living?
Where did Kirby do his first comic book work?
Betsy Ross (character) Big Barda; Black Bolt; Black Panther (character) Black Racer (DC Comics) Blastaar; Blob (comics) Boomerang (comics) Bor (Marvel Comics) Boy Commandos; Brotherhood of Mutants; Bucky (Marvel Comics) Bucky Barnes
List of Characters Created by Jack Kirby. in alphabetical Order! (this is still in the works) Boomerang. Bor. Boss Barker. Boy Commandos. Brotherhood of Mutants. Brute That Walks. Bruttu.
May 01, 2021 · Starting in 1941, he wrote, drew, and created dozens of characters for Marvel, DC, and other comic book companies. At the House of Ideas, he worked with partner Joe Simon to develop Captain America. In the 1960s, along with Marvel editor-in-chief Stan Lee, Kirby created the Fantastic Four, Thor, Avengers, and X-Men.
- Captain America. Kirby and collaborator Joe Simon just wanted somebody to punch Hitler in the face; they ended up with one of pop culture’s most enduring icons.
- The Hulk. He’s big, he’s mean, and he’s grey. Well, in his first appearance, at least. Only Kirby could take a man, unleash his more primal, powerful emotions, and turn him into one of the most beloved monster in any medium.
- Galactus. At first, the idea of making a giant man in a purple skirt a menacing villain seems challenging…but not to “The King.” Kirby’s incredible, dynamic design for Galactus instantly leaves a powerful and ominous impression on anyone who first glances the Devourer of Worlds.
- The Fantastic Four. As he ascended to new heights of his career, Kirby imbued Marvel’s First Family with dynamic personalities that rang true, particularly the tough-talking, but kind-hearted Thing, whom he had a personal affinity for.
To mark Jack Kirby's 100th birthday in 2017, DC Comics announced a series of one-shots involving characters that Kirby had created, including The Newsboy Legion and the Boy Commandos, Manhunter, Sandman, the New Gods, Darkseid, and ending with The Black Racer and Shilo Norman.
Feb 09, 2020 · One of the first villains created by Jack Kirby was the archenemy of Captain America. The Red Skull was Nazi Germany's premier agent. His threat to the nation pit him naturally against the heroic symbol of the United States, Captain America.
- Jerry Stanford
T'Challa, the character who we know as the Black Panther was created by Jack Kirby as the "Coal Tiger". He had tiger stripes on his costume and no face mask. Stan told Jack to change the name to "Black Panther", make the costume all black, and add a full face mask.
- related to: What characters did Jack Kirby create?