People also ask
What are the top 10 Scariest Movies?
What are the best horror movies ever?
What are the top 10 grossing movies of all time?
Why do so many people like horror movies?
The following page lists the highest-grossing horror films of all time, the highest-grossing horror film franchises at the box office and the biggest opening weekends for horror films. The figures have not been adjusted for inflation.
Oct 03, 2019 · Here are the 25 highest-grossing horror movies ever: It (2017) ($327.5 million) The Sixth Sense (1999) ($293.5 million) Jaws (1975) ($260 million)
Dec 31, 2020 · Grossing $539.5 million, The Sixth Sense blew past all expectations. A 2019 Variety retrospective on the film's 20th anniversary observed that The Sixth Sense, on just a budget of $40 million ...
- It (2017) - $700.4 million. The highest-grossing horror movie of all time, It, based on best selling author Stephen King's book of the same name, is also one of the most iconic horror films of the century.
- It Chapter Two (2019) - $473.1 million. The second and also the last entry in the It film series, It Chapter Two takes place 27 years after the events of the first film.
- The Exorcist (1973) - $441.3 million. One of the most classic horror movies of all time, The Exorcist is not only one of the scariest or best-rated horror flicks in cinema history either, but it remains one of the highest-grossing films as well.
- The Nun (2018) - $365.6 million. Yet another film related to the successful Conjuring franchise, The Nun remains the highest-grossing film in the Conjuring Universe line-up of movies.
- It (2017)
- The Sixth Sense (1999) One of the most iconic horror films of the 1990s, The Sixth Sense showcased a new side of Bruce Willis’s talent and shot child actor Haley Joel Osment—who earned an Oscar nomination for the role—to the top of Hollywood's A-List.
- The Exorcist (1973)
- It: Chapter Two (2019) Two years after Andy Muschietti’s It took the top spot on this list, its sequel has been quickly working its way up since it debuted in early September.
- IT (Warner Bros) 2017. Total Box Office: $327.48 million. Made for $35 million, IT took $700.4 million at the worldwide box office, $327.48 million of that was domestic.
- The Exorcist (Warner Bros) 1973. Total Box Office: $232.91 million. Having earned $66.3 million at the box office during its initial domestic run, it was the second most popular film of that year - The Sting took the top spot.
- Get Out (Universal) 2017. Total Box Office: $176.04 million. Jordan Peele hit the jackpot with Get Out. He wrote and helmed, his directorial debut, this chilling gem that grossed $255 million worldwide on a $4.5 million budget.
- The Blair Witch Project (Artisan) 1999. Total Box Office: $140.54 million. Made for $60,000, The Blair Witch Project was a sleeper hit that went on to gross nearly $250 million worldwide making it one of the most successful independent films of all time.
Oct 10, 2019 · For 23 years, Scream was the highest-grossing slasher film of all-time, finally falling in 2019 to a Halloween sequel. In 1996, horror films had no real identity. Slasher movies had died out, and there was nothing new as a subgenre for horror.
- related to: What is the highest grossing horror film of all time?
topsearch.co has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month