www.hearst.com/newspapers/san-francisco-chronicle#:~:text=The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper,been awarded six Pulitzer Prizes for journalistic excellence.
- The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast. Acquired by Hearst in 2000, the San Francisco Chronicle was founded in 1865 by Charles and Michael de Young and has been awarded six Pulitzer Prizes for journalistic excellence.
People also ask
What is the largest newspaper in Northern California?
What is the largest newspaper in Sacramento?
How many newspapers are there in California?
What are the newspapers in San Jose CA?
This is a list of newspapers in California actively being published daily and non-daily. There were over 1,300 newspapers published in California at the beginning of 2020.
- Los Angeles Times. The Los Angeles Times is a daily newspaper which has been published in Los Angeles, California since 1881. It has the fourth-largest circulation among United States newspapers.
- San Francisco Chronicle. The San Francisco Chronicle is a newspaper serving primarily the San Francisco Bay Area of the U.S. state of California, but distributed throughout the state from the Sacramento area and Emerald Triangle south to Santa Barbara County.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune. The San Diego Union-Tribune is an American metropolitan daily newspaper, published in San Diego, California. Its name derives from a 1992 merger between the two major daily newspapers at the time, The San Diego Union and the San Diego Evening Tribune.
- The Sacramento Bee. The Sacramento Bee is a daily newspaper published in Sacramento, California, in the United States. Since its founding in 1857, The Bee has become the largest newspaper in Sacramento, the fifth largest newspaper in California, and the 27th largest paper in the U.S. It is distributed in the upper Sacramento Valley, with a total circulation area that spans about 12,000 square miles (31,000 km2): south to Stockton, California, north to the Oregon border, east to Reno, Nevada, and west to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Top 10 newspapers by circulation. The following is a list of the top 10 newspapers in the United States by average weekday paid circulation in 2019.
2 days ago · Official United States Newspaper Directory. Did you know? Due to its consistently strong 17-29 mph west/northwest winds and protection from open ocean swells, the San Francisco Bay is an ideal place for sailors, windsurfers, and kiteboarders.
Jan 24, 2017 · The Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune are the dailies in America’s second and third largest cities. Tronc was recently a takeover target of Gannett Co. Inc. (NYSE: GCI), the largest...
The Nation's Top 100 Newspapers. Here are the nation's largest newspapers based on circulation with links to their websites. Nearly every newspaper has seen circulation decline over the past few years due to the Internet.
California saw a net gain of only 21,200 residents in the year that ended July 1, a paltry 0.05% growth rate not seen since 1900, a new report reveals. Advertisement Podcast