People also ask
What is the movie Emma about?
Who are the characters in the movie Emma?
Who is the cast of Emma?
Is the movie Emma a Comedy or drama?
They knew Emma would be a cash cow (with a huge Austen fan base). The 1996 movie is far more beautiful, sentimental, human, relatable. There is zero chemistry of any kind between the love interests, that alone is what qualifies this movie as a comedy.
Emma. is a 2020 period comedy-drama film directed by Autumn de Wilde, from a screenplay by Eleanor Catton, based on Jane Austen 's 1815 novel of the same name. It stars Anya Taylor-Joy as Emma Woodhouse, a young woman who interferes in the love lives of her friends.
Emma is a 1996 period comedy film based on the 1815 novel of the same name by Jane Austen. Written and directed by Douglas McGrath , the film stars Gwyneth Paltrow , Alan Cumming , Toni Collette , Ewan McGregor , and Jeremy Northam .
WES ANDERSON'S SENSE AND SENSIBILITY - My Review of EMMA. (3 1/2 Stars) In 1996, Douglas McGrath's adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma made a star out of Gwyneth Paltrow, and a year prior, Clueless ...
- romance, comedy, drama
Music video Director Autumn de Wilde makes the jump to feature film in the witty reimagining of Jane Austen's classic novel, ‘Emma’, with Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch) in the starring role. AMC Artisan Films brings a curated gallery of the finest movies to AMC.
- February 20, 2020
Movie Review. Emma Woodhouse is not in want of employment, fortune or consequence. Her family is wealthy; and since she manages her father’s household and estate, she doesn’t have to worry herself with finding a suitable husband.
Mar 26, 2020 · Autumn de Wilde's 2020 Emma Emma 's newest movie adaptation is a decadent reimagining directed by Autumn de Wilde that stars Anya Taylor-Joy as a coy and captivating Emma, who perfectly translates the heroine's unlikable traits of self-absorption and indulgent snobbery in a precocious, but likable way.
- ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ For some reason, inserting zombies into Regency-era England was not very successful. As a movie critic for The Guardian put it, “It feels like anti-fan-fiction.”
- ‘Mansfield Park’ Starring a post-“Doctor Who” Billie Piper, a movie critic for the Associated Press called this miniseries version of “Mansfield Park” “a disappointingly muted affair in which the 18th century tale of poor Fanny Price and her life with wealthy relations plays out predictably.”
- ‘Sanditon’ “Sanditon” is based on a novel that was unfinished before Austen died, and so this PBS miniseries finishes the story for her. The series manages to “fluff and stretch Austen’s original 11 chapters into oblivion,” according to a critic for The Hollywood Reporter.
- ‘Love & Friendship’ “Love & Friendship” is based on the short novel “Lady Susan,” which was completed but unpublished before Austen’s death. A New York Post critic called “Love & Friendship” “the sharpest, least sentimental and possibly the best version of Austen yet.”
Feb 20, 2020 · Anya Taylor-Joy stars in the latest movie adaptation of the Jane Austen novel about a young woman’s romantic meddling. Anya Taylor-Joy as the title character of “Emma,” Autumn de Wilde’s adaptation...
- related to: What movie is Emma in?
chilimovie.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
en.gowatching.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month